Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages. Sambal is a generic term for chili-based sauces. Fresh and store-bought spices and herbs are combined to make this delicious spicy fried rice. First, let's not get lost in translation.
It's mainly rice with just a little bit of meat and just onion for the vegetables. The thing that distinguishes it from other Fried Rice dishes is the sauce which is made with kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce that. Fried rice with luncheon meat, prawn, bean, egg, spring onion and sambal. This Appetizing Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages using 25 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of coloured Bell Peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of spring onions, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chilli sambal paste (recipe is given below).
- You need 1/2 cup of prawns.
- Prepare 2 of sausages, sliced.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 of fried egg to serve.
- Prepare of Chilli Sambal -.
- You need 15-20 of dry red chilies, soaked for an hour.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass, sliced.
- Prepare 8-10 of shallots.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp. of dried anchovies, cleaned, drained & pat dry.
Chilli prawns recipe with video – Indo chinese style chilli prawns that can be served as a starter or a side with fried rice or Chinese style Noodles or simple Pasta dishes. Crab Prawn Sotong/Shell Fish Fish Fish Stemboat Chicken Beef Meat Beancurd Vegetable Egg Soup Fried Rice Rice Noodle Mee Goreng Fried Noodle Soup Noodle Curry Noodle Local Delight Sides Other Pasta (Tomato) Pasta (Aglio Olio) Pasta (Cream) Mac N' Cheese Baked Rice Pizza Soup. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) – Every bite is bursting with the briny flavor of the prawn, complex flavor of fiery sambal, and a citrusy note of kaffir lime If there is one dish that I can eat every day with just plain white rice, it's probably sambal udang (prawn sambal)—a popular Malay or Nyonya prawn. Fried Hokkien prawn noodles, known locally as Hokkien mee, is a dish comprising thick yellow noodles fried in a rich prawn and pork stock and served with chilli and lime on the side.
Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages step by step
- Fried Rice – Heat oil in a pan & saute dry chilies, ginger, garlic till they change colour..
- Add the onions, prawns and sausages. Fry till light brown..
- Add the cooked rice, salt and chilli sambal. Mix everything well..
- Add the bell peppers, spring onion & pepper powder. Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add tomato ketchup and give it a mix..
- Serve hot with fried egg..
- Chilli Sambal – Heat oil in a pan and fry the anchovies till crisp. Drain on a kitchen towel. When cool, grind along with chilies, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, salt, vinegar and sugar to a smooth paste..
- Heat the same oil in which the anchovies were fried. Saute the prepared paste on a low flame till it turns slightly dark brown in colour and the oil starts to separate from the sides of the pan. Serve along with fried rice..
Sometimes an egg is broken onto the hot plate of noodles, or sambal belacan (chilli with fermented prawn paste) added. I love fried rice as much as the next person but this recipe is so much more flavourful. Perhaps flavourful is not the right word…fragrant. Nasi goreng is a traditional Indonesian fried rice recipe prepared with kecap manis, shrimp paste, tamarin, which can also include egg, chicken or prawns. belacan (fried rice with leftover sambal belacan and fish or other meats). A sambal is an Indonesean or Malaysian hot sauce made with chilis and other ingredients such as vinegar water and shrimp paste.