Dry Chilli Prawns. Dry Chilli Prawns Recipe with step by step. This is so easy to make and so delicious to enjoy. I had it with prawn fried rice and the combo was so good.
A quick prawn recipe loaded with BIG flavours! Seared prawns smothered in a spicy, sticky Asian sauce, these Asian Chilli Garlic Prawns will have you smacking your lips in utter satisfaction. Chilli prawns recipe with video – Indo chinese style chilli prawns that can be served as a starter or a side with fried rice or Chinese style Noodles or simple Pasta dishes. You can cook Dry Chilli Prawns using 7 easy ingredients and 15 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Dry Chilli Prawns
- Prepare 250 grams of prawns shelled and cleaned 1 cup of green capsicum.
- Prepare 2-3 of Dry Red Chillies 1 tsp of minced garlic 1 tsp of grated.
- Prepare of ginger 1/2 cup of onions cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onions cut into small cubes 2 tsp of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder optional 4 cups of Oil for frying.
- It’s 2 of green chillies slit.
Prawns (small or salad size shrimp). Ingredients for Fried Chilli Prawns Recipe. De-vein, wash and pat dry the prawns thoroughly with an absorbent paper. Peel the prawns, leaving the tip of the tail and the head intact.
Dry Chilli Prawns instructions
- #To_make_the_batter Mix together the corn flour, flour, some salt, garlic, black pepper and chilli powder (if using) with some water to make a thick batter.
- Add the prawns to this and combine with your fingers until they are well-coated with the batter..
- #Frying_the_prawns Heat oil for deep frying until smoking point and gently add a few prawns at a time Fry until light golden brown, drain, and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining prawns until all done Putting everything together.
- In a wide pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add the onions, green chillies, capsicum, and red chillies torn into pieces.
- Saute until onions are soft.
- Then add ginger and garlic. Saute again for a minute or two On medium heat, saute until fragrant and the onions turn transparent and soft.
- Add the soya sauce and chilli sauce (I used Sriracha) Mix well on high heat for a minute.
- Now add the pepper powder and saute for 5 seconds.
- Top up with the fried prawns and lower heat. Mix well and continue to let it cook and let the flavours mingle.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tsp cornflour with about 1/4 cup water and pour into the above mixture.
- Mix well and turn the heat off..
- The gravy will thicken further upon cooling If you want more gravy, add more water to the cornflour mixture and don’t heat for too long.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions if you’the like. Adding a small sprinkle of sugar at this stage is not a baad idea either, especially since we are adding a lot of spice to the chilli prawns.
- I served with seatm rice…
Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan and set over a medium heat. Indo Chinese Style Chilli Prawns Recipe. I came across this recipe in a cookery show. Prawn manchurian is a recipe which was on my mind for quite some time. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the prawns and garlic.