Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style. Great recipe for Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style. Rainny season ,fresh roots herbs.good to make fresh chilli paste 🙂 Ground chicken, chickpeas and tomatoes are simmered in a flavorful blend of red curry paste, coconut milk and robust Indian spices for a twist on chili. Add Valcom Yellow Curry Paste, turmeric powder, curry powder and black cardamom powder.
I like mine in between – a sauce that is pourable but with a gravy like consistency. In a large saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp.. You can have Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style using 13 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style
- It’s 1 kg of chicken of your choice ,chop to bite size.
- Prepare 80 grams of dried hot chilli or less.
- It’s 2 head of fresh turmeric ,or dried 1 tbsp.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass stalk.
- You need 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 50 grams of garlic.
- It’s 100 grams of shallots.
- Prepare 1 slice of of galangal.
- It’s 2 bunch of coriander,use both roots and leaves.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of fishsauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of good quality shrimps paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to fry paste.
Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style.. Odia style prawn curry which is also called chingudi aloo tarkari in odia is a very delicious recipe. The secrets to a really great Thai curry using store bought curry paste are: sautéing the curry paste with onion, garlic and fresh chilli, and simmering the curry with kaffir lime leaves (key tip). The chicken curry recipe prep is a breeze, and the final effect is deeply rewarding: a rich, not-too-spicy, yet-oh-so-flavorful thick coconut sauce that's brimming with ginger, garlic, and authentic Thai chicken curry flavor.
Chicken Curry with Fresh Chilli Paste / Northern Thai style step by step
- Prepare all herbs and chilli in need ,the heart of this dish is turmeric the colour the flavor will be fantastic :).
- Use blender for quick curry ,but if i have time i prefer pestel and mortar,blend to mix first( lemongrass,turmeric,garlic,shallots,coriander roots ,chilli,galangal ..preserve some part of lemon grass to fry with the paste ).
- Add shrimp paste ,blend more until almost smooth paste.
- Crush 3 clove of garlic ,set aside with the paste ,get ready to stir in hot oil.
- On medium heat with medium soup pot ,add oil..when it hot stir in crushed garlic and fresh chilli paste ,stir until good aroma ,dont let it burn ,keep stir within 3 mins.
- Add chopped chicken ,stir to mix ,stir until no longer pink ,at the bottom will burn easily ,add kaffir lime leave and some slice of lemongrass.
- Add water ,change to high heat ,stir only to mix ..then let it boil for 15 mins.
- Reduce to medium heat ,add fish sauce ,let it simmer until chicken tendered and soup reduced.
- Add chopped coriander leaves ,stir to mix ,heat off,serve hot with rice,steamed jasmine rice or sticky rice :).
When you read this Thai Chicken Curry recipe, you'll see how straightforward the steps are: Season and brown the. Fry the cumin seeds in oil for a few seconds. Add the onion paste and brown over a medium heat. Add a dash of water if it starts to catch. Sprinkle in the turmeric and chilli.