Cincinnati Chili. Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti (a "two-way") or hot dogs ("coneys". Outside of Cincinnati, Cincinnati-style chili is known as "that weird cinnamon chili on spaghetti." But around Cincinnati, it's a way of life. I'm from Cincinnati and enjoyed Skyline chili my whole life.
Cincinnati Chili is perfect for parties as the key ingredient in Skyline Dip, which can be devoured with corn Any way you want it, Cincinnati Chili, aka Cincy chili, is a delicious food phenomenon hailing. Homemade copycat Skyline Cincinnati chili… unique and flavorful, this regional delicacy is easy to make at home for way less than the restaurant charges! Cincinnati Chili made with the authentic Skyline Chili recipe served over spaghetti with onions and shredded cheddar cheese! This Delicious Cincinnati Chili using 26 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Cincinnati Chili
- It’s of Base.
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of 75% Lean Ground Beef.
- Prepare 3 1/2 of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- It’s of Liquids.
- You need 32 oz of beef stock.
- You need 16 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Spice Mix.
- You need 3 1/4 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves, heaping.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice, heaping.
- You need 1 of large bayleaf.
- Prepare of Optional Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of kidney beans.
- It’s 1 of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of oyster crackers.
Classic copycat recipes are some of my favorite to cook in the kitchen. Cincinnati Chili Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This is not Cincinnati Chili for beans is not mixed in the meat butane added condiment when preparing the dish and ask for by the customer. Of course you love Cincinnati-style chili!
Cincinnati Chili instructions
- In a large skillet or stove top dutch oven brown the ground beef and finely chopped onion. Drain the fat..
- Pour the beef stock in the skillet with the beef and onion and simmer for 12 minutes..
- While this is simmering prepare all of the spices list into a small bowl..
- Once the 12 mins is up add the spices to the skillet and mix in well..
- Now add the rest of the liquids and mix in well..
- Let this simmer UNCOVERED for 75 to 90 minutes until aromatic and reaches a thick sauce/chili like consistency. Stir occasionally..
- Remove from heat and skim the excess fat off the top with a ladle and remove the bayleaf..
- Serve and enjoy! This pairs well over hot spaghetti noodle, on a hot dog, on a loaded baked potato, or even as by itself in a bowl with your favorite garnishes!.
- I decided to top spaghetti with mine and garnish with cheese, onion, sour cream..
The recently remodeled restaurant, on the corner of Hopple Street and. HiHi Room's spaghetti Cincinnati with duck chili is a four-way. Photo: Joe Lingeman; Food Styling by Michelle Gatton. When Matt Ross and Eric Finkelstein were brainstorming the menu for their new. Yes, it exists and it's good!