Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai). Motorcycles zig-zag treacherously through the lines of cars clogging the streets. The notion of aroma eclipsing flavor can sometime confound us Westerners. Ask a Thai person to describe holy basil and the first thing they'll.
Add the holy basil and stir again. Garnish with carrot or fried holy basil leaves. This flavourful and spicy Thai stir-fry featuring holy basil is a classic. You can have Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) using 12 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai)
- It’s 150 gr of Chicken Slices (thigh/breast).
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 handful of Hot Basil Leaves / Kraprow/ Holy Basil.
- Prepare 7 pcs. of Fresh Chili (Red/Green), smash.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of White Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2-3 drop of Maggi Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water/Chicken Stock.
Can be made with chicken, pork or beef and served with a fried egg! Add garlic and spur chilies and pound into a rough paste. Now, the ingredients listed here for the Thai basil chicken recipe. Add the holy basil and stir again.
Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) step by step
- Put vegetable oil in pan, add garlic and chili. Stir until scent..
- Add chicken and stir well..
- Seasoning with white soy sauce, maggi sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and black soy sauce. Stir until chicken is cooked..
- Put hot basil leaves and fast cook. Take to plate..
- Tip : Taste is spicy, salty, little sweet and strong flavor of basil. Better eat with steamed jasmine rice and fried egg. In thai way, we always serve with sauce called Nam Pla Prik (Ingredient : fish sauce/chili/lime juice/little sugar). You can change meat to pork, beef, seafood, roasted duck, lamb and etc. If you like hot and spicy, just add more red chili..
- Enjoy your cooking!.
Garnish with carrot or fried holy basil leaves. You will be taught by Thai Chef Chanrat Karatna, nickname Air, and his staff not only how to cook Thai Stir Fried Chicken but about the ingredients at his cooking school in Chiang Mai Thailand. Today we have a late lunch At The Verandah Restaurant, We started with some drinks, One Singha Beer and Cha La Wan a local boutique beer, the drinks come out together with prawn crackers. nice. We order Pla Nueng Ma-Naow, steamed fish fillet with lime and chilli, Phad Ga-Prow Gai, stir fried. Phat kaphrao (Thai: ผัดกะเพรา, pronounced [pʰàt kā.pʰrāw]; transl. stir-fried holy basil), also spelled pad krapow, kaprao, is one of the most popular Thai à la carte dishes.