Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws. Ginger and Scallion Crab with Crab, Ginger, Scallion, Cornstarch, Cooking Oil, Oil, Oyster Sauce, White Pepper, Sesame Oil, Sugar, Water, Corn Starch, Fish Sauce. Shrimp caramelized with honey, garlic, spicy red pepper flakes, and lime. If this doesn't make you drool then I don't know what does.
This dish is composed of crab (Mud Crab is originally used) cooked in sweet and spicy We found this to be real good and the three servings of rice can attest to that. Imagine the meaty claws of the alimango topped with sweet and spicy sauce. These crab cakes with that sweet chili sauce have managed to dethrone our reigning crab cake king and I'm guessing a bite size version will be appearing in our football Sunday or Serve with dipping sauce. You can cook Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws using 25 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws
- You need of Seafood.
- You need 2 lb of King Crab Claws [precooked-dethawed-about 10 fat assed claws].
- Prepare of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 2/3 cup of Fine Minced White Onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 7 medium of Dried Chilies [with or without seeds].
- You need 1/2 cup of Sriracha Chili Garlic Sauce [see photo].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ginger.
- You need 1 cup of Seafood Stock [plus 1 cup + reserve].
- It’s 1/4 cup of Quality White Wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dark Or Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Dried Chili Flakes.
- It’s of Sopping Breads.
- Prepare 1 loaf of Crispy Absorbant Bread.
- You need of Garnishments.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Fresh Chives.
Sweet Chili Sauce: Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot and add garlic. Most garlic noodles actually call for sugar in the recipe, but I think that makes it too sweet for my taste, since the oyster sauce is Regardless, whether you enjoy this with some roasted garlic crab, or as is, I really do hope you give it a try soon. thinly sliced green onion to garnish. red chili flakes to taste. Crispy wonton filled with Dungeness crab meat, cream cheese, water chestnut, onion and carrot. Prawns, calamari, mussels, scallops and crab claws with sweet basil, chili sauce, onions, garlic and bell pepper on fired cast iron, served with a side of jasmine rice.
Mike's Sweet Chili Garlic Crab Claws instructions
- I usually make this dish in my Wok but it's being repaired..
- Fine mince onions and garlic to the size pictured below. It's an important step for cook times. Break up dried chilli peppers into smaller pieces. Add everything in the Garlic Chili Sauce section into a pan. Simmer for 6-7 minutes stirring regularly..
- Fully dethaw, water clean, remove rubber bands, rinse, dry and slightly crack open your claws with a knife or kitchen mallet. This step will help your guests out tremendously! Be careful though if using a large blade-the mallet is best. Cover claws with a towel before hitting them with your mallet. Otherwise, you'll take a shell to the eye OR, have crab meat stuck to your walls and ceiling. Ya, that's always pleasant..
- Place claws into your Garlic Chili Sauce. Coat well, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until they're fully heated. Remember, these claws should already be pre-steamed/cooked so they won't take long to heat. You're simply heating these claws and forcing your sauce to penetrate those thick chucks of claw crab meat..
- Pull claws from garlic sauce, shake and plate up as shown. ° Add 1 additional cup seafood stock to your sauce and fire it up again. Bring to a simmer and add 1.5 tablespoons Corn Starch and and less than 1 tablespoon water. Mix well and add to simmer. Stir quickly and briskly to your simmer. It most likely won't occur but, look for any corn starch clumps and discard. Your sauce will thicken up as it simmers. If not, leave it be or add another teaspoon corn starch and water..
- You'll know when your sauce is ready. You'll be able to draw a line thru your sauce and see the base of the pan for 5 seconds or so. See photo below for an example. This is when I add a couple dashes of granulated garlic and stir for that garlic stepping finale..
- With a slotted spoon, scoop out the hot/heavy solids and lay gently over your claws leaving chunks on your shells. Then, pour the viscous remainders between the claws. Your guests will use their bread to sop up the garlic chili sauce leftovers. I've watched as guests will actually use their discarded shells to scoop up the sauce and eat it that way. Now there's a compliment!.
- Garnish with fine chopped chives cut at an angle and fresh Cilantro with stems. Serve with warmed crusted – yet absorbant – bread chunks to sop up your sauce. Chop your bread into 1-2 bite sized pieces [not pictured] and tons of wet napkins and towels! I put newspaper down on the table as well and usually serve these outside. I have white carpets. ;0) Enjoy!.
- Chef? Prepare yourself to be adored. ;0).
Sweet Chili, soy sauce, orange marmalade, and garlic all come together to create one amazing glaze. These beautiful pieces of salmon soak up the marinade and get broiled in the oven. The marinade caramelizes on top while they are being broiled, creating an amazing crisp flavorful crust on the top. Taste this Asian inspired Singaporean Chili Crab recipe from Yummy.ph. Satisfy your craving for this Singaporean specialty.