Chili Crab. Chilli crab is a Southeast Asian seafood dish that originated from Singapore. Mud crabs are commonly used and are stir-fried in a semi-thick, sweet and savoury tomato-and-chilli-based sauce. Despite its name, chilli crab is not a very spicy dish.
I found that I didn't need to adjust my flavorings, but you may want to. Who has the best chilli crab in Singapore? by Dinesh Ajith Time to get your hands dirty with the Red House chilli crab (Photography via Red House). This Perfect Chili Crab using 12 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chili Crab
- Prepare 1 kg of crab.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chinese 4 spice.
- It’s 1 head of Garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Banana Catsup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Soda.
- You need 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 5 stick of Green Finger Chili.
- You need 2 stick of Onion leeks or Spring Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Veg. Oil.
- You need 1 small of Ginger (julienne).
Michelin-Starred chef Salil Mehta of NYC's Laut Singapura makes the flavor-packed national dish of Singapore: chili crab. A Brief History of Chili Crab. Chili Crab is perhaps one of Singapore's most popular culinary pride and joy. Singapore Chili Crabs – King of the Crab Recipes?
Chili Crab instructions
- Wash the crab very carefully.
- Heat the wok, put in Oil and Butter.
- Add Ginger and Garlic, Saute put the Crab.
- Add Oyster Sauce, Catsup, Soda, Chinese 4 Spice, Brown Sugar.
- Simmer for a minute, add half of the Chilies (sliced).
- Add pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Top with Half of the Chilies and Onion Leeks.
Living in San Francisco, I've had more than my fair share of crab; prepared in more ways. Check out these listed restaurants for delectable stir-fried crab coated with sweet, savoury and spicy tomato based sauce. Jay: Chilli crab is alright but i love chicken. Chili crab is a seafood dish originating from Singapore. Singapore Chili Crab is one of the world's most popular dishes.