Sir's Chilli Crab. Chilli crab is a Southeast Asian seafood dish that originated from Singapore. Mud crabs are commonly used and are stir-fried in a semi-thick, sweet and savoury tomato-and-chilli-based sauce. Despite its name, chilli crab is not a very spicy dish.
Just request for a less spicy plate if you. This chilli crab packs a punch – it's much spicier than the usual suspects (Photography: Long Prefer your chilli crab with more spice? Head to Long Beach Seafood – you'll mop up every bit of the thick. This Delicious Sir's Chilli Crab using 11 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Sir's Chilli Crab
- It’s 1 packages of Chili Crab Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of ginger.
- It’s 2 of Tomato.
- You need 6 piece of garlic.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 6 piece of Small Onion.
- It’s 2 of Crab.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cooking Wine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soya sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Chilli crab is a popular seafood dish among locals and foreigners in Singapore and consists of mud crabs deep-fried in a sweet, savoury and spicy gravy. It has been referred to in various food. Ever wondered how to cook Singapore Chilli Crab? Here I show you how to cook this iconic recipe in your Singapore Chilli Crab recipe.
Sir's Chilli Crab step by step
- Prepare, Chop and slice all seasoning ingreadients.
- Clean wash crab and chopped into pieces..
- Chilli crab sauce as it, packed. Normally you can get this from supermarket. There are different brand which almost taste the same..
- Prepare and heat up pan. Stir fried garlic, ginger, onions for about a minute.
- Add in crab and stir fried for about 2-3 minutes. Add in tomato, soya sauce and cooking wine. Continue to stir fried for about a minute..
- Add in chilli crab sauce. Stir fried for about a minute. Add a cup of water. Add in eggs. You may want to stir the eggs before pouring into the pan..
- Continue to cook for about 2 minutes and you're done!.
- Note that you cannot cook the crab for too long as the meat will become too soft. I have also add in prawn as one of the seafood or you may also want to add in clams or mussels..
- Of course, serve with steamy hot white rice..
Arguably one of our greatest culinary inventions, it consistently. Stir-fry until the crab is evenly coated and the meat is opaque. Transfer the crabs to a serving dishes, garnish with the green onions and. I used ABC brand hot chili sauce. If there's one dish that tops the "must-eat" list of visitors to Singapore it's chilli crab.