Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas with Hatch Chili Sauce. I love these enchiladas filled with sweet sauteed shrimp and covered in a mild roasted red Hatch chile sauce. I got some free roasted Hatch chiles in the mail from the Hatch Chile Store in New Mexico. I'd never even seen red Hatch chiles before but they immediately made me think of enchilada sauce.
These crab and shrimp enchiladas smothered in a luscious These crab and shrimp enchiladas smothered in a creamy sauce will make you feel like you are at a fine Mexican restaurant! When all chicken broth is added, bring to a simmer. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, ½ c. cheese, ¼ c. salsa. This Appetizing Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas with Hatch Chili Sauce using 18 easy ingredients and 23 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas with Hatch Chili Sauce
- It’s 7 of fresh hatch peppers.
- You need 1 pound of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, chopped.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder plus more for seasoning shrimp.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Chipolte powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of Mexican cheese blend, divided use.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice.
- You need 3 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper, as directed in some steps and.
- Prepare 10 of flour tortillas.
These creamy, cheesy, white sauce shrimp enchiladas are special occasion-worthy but easy If you've never thought to combine shrimp + enchiladas, I have to say (without overtly trying to My store had super expensive shrimp and moderately priced frozen crab. The crab came home with me. Next add the shrimp and crab and cook for an additional minute or two until the shrimp are slightly cooked but not fully since they'll continue to If you get a chance to try these Zucchini Enchiladas with Crab and Shrimp, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily.
Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas with Hatch Chili Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 500. Line a baking sheet with H foil and spray foil woth non stick spray.
- Place hatch peppers on foil lined tray and roast until charred and tender.
- Cover peppers with plastic wrap to steam until cool enough to peel.
- Peel and seed peppers, chop all peppers, but reserve 1/4 cup of chopped peppers and place remaini g in a food processor and puree, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to puree.
- In a large saucepan melt butter and add onions and garlic and cook on low until tender.
- Add chicken broth, cream, the 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, chipolte, oregano, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, bring to a simmer.
- Add pepper purea to sauce, with lime juice and 1 cup of the cheese, stir until smooth then remove from heat.
- Season shrimp with some chili powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook shrimp just until done, remove to a bowl.
- Add crab to shrimp in the bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of the sauce, just enough to coat shrimp and crab and 1/2 cup cheesebeing gentle to keep crab intact..
- Assemble encchalada Preheat oven to 375, spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with non stick dpray.
- Asd a thin layer of sauce to prepared pan.
- Place tortilla on work surface.
- Add about 1/2 cup filling on one end and roll up.
- Place seam side down in sauced pan, continue c until 10 enchladas are made. Add any filling that may be left over to sauce.
- Cover enchladas with sauce.
- Add re mining cheese, green N onions and reserved roasted chopped hatch peppers. Bake until hot and cheese is melted about 20 to 25 minutes.
Chipotle Sauce Put the tomatoes, tomatillos, and ancho chiles in a large saucepan and cover with Chorizo Enchiladas with Guajillo Sauce. Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas in Roast is rubbed with a nice smoking chipotle chili powder, then browned and simmered with. Place cheese, crab, and shrimp in the middle of each (ration the ingredients so each tortilla will contain an equal amount) Make sure to set aside some cheese to sprinkle on top of the tortillas. Shrimp and crab plus a flavorful sauce add up to outstanding enchiladas. I made them for an annual fundraiser, and now they're always in demand.