Chili Crabs 辣椒蟹. Authentic chilli crab like in Singapore can be recreated in your kitchen, anywhere in the world! This crab dish is made out of a paste which has all the five basic taste of sweet, spicy, sour, salty and umami! This Instructional video will teach you how to stir-fried chili crabs technique in a few easy steps.
And what better way to enjoy it than to cook up a storm and share this treat with family and friends? Chilli crab is a Southeast Asian seafood dish that originated from Singapore. Mud crabs are commonly used and are stir-fried in a semi-thick, sweet and savoury tomato-and-chilli-based sauce. This Perfect Chili Crabs 辣椒蟹 using 10 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Crabs 辣椒蟹
- It’s 5 of Crabs.
- It’s 5 cloves of Garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 10 pcs of Chili's (chopped).
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Tomota Sauce.
- You need 8 tbsp of Thai Sauce.
- You need 1 of Eggs.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- It’s Pinch of Sugar.
- You need 2 pcs of Lemongrass.
- You need of Potato Starch.
I have an equally tasty home-style chili crab recipe (my late mother's recipe) but this rendition with the eggy, sweet, sour, and spicy sauce is perfect for entertaining guests or simply when you want to have a crab feast. The sauce pairs beautifully with Chinese mantou—steamed or fried—as the bun sops up. And what better way to enjoy it than to cook up a storm and share this treat with family and friends? Not to forget, dipping both the crab and the deep fried mantou in the sauce makes for the perfect bite, there's no doing without it!
Chili Crabs 辣椒蟹 instructions
- Cleaning crabs and put aside….
- Heat up the wok with 3tbsp vegetables oil and Stir-fried garlic & chili then add in lemongrass, tomato sauce & thai sauce… also add in some water to control the thickness of the sauce..
- Add in all the crabs and covered for 3 minutes then salt & sugar add in for taste. Lastly add in the eggs stir well then potato starch to adjust the thickness of the chili sauce.. ready to be served with bread.
Guilin chili sauce (桂林辣椒酱), is used widely in local cooking and is famed for its exceptional flavor throughout China. It is made from fresh chilis, garlic, and fermented soybeans and while it is available as a commercial product, nothing compares to homemade. Let's get to the food: – Chili crab: this is going to sound like a bit of a bold statement, but this is single handily one of the best dishes I've ever had. As much as I like very refined food, my favorite foods are generally much more low key foods that are delicious and this is a perfect example. Singapore Chili Crab is one of the world's most popular dishes.