Plah Koong / Thai Shrimps Salad. The spicy cashew dressing is so good, you'll want to put it on everything! Jones, dietitian and This refreshing Thai-style salad with greens, herbs, veggies and shrimp, all tossed in a delicious cashew dressing, is the perfect one-dish summer dinner. This dish is somewhere between a shrimp salad and a ceviche – just-cooked shrimp dressed with a sour-savory-sweet mixture of lime, fish sauce, and sweet chile paste, then showered with herbs and chiles.
Serve it over spiralized cucumber for a light & refreshing dinner. For my bridal shower I got something that I've been wanting for such a long time – a spiralizer attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. It's light, refreshing, and oh so tasty with that amazing chili-lime vinaigrette! You can have Plah Koong / Thai Shrimps Salad using 12 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Plah Koong / Thai Shrimps Salad
- You need 20 of shrimps.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of roasted chili paste.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1/3 tbsp of tamarind puree.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass stalk.
- Prepare 1 bunch of mints.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 1 of hot chili or more.
Then you'll love the flavors in this salad! Thai recipe for Hot and Sour Shrimp Salad (Pla Goong / Plaa Kung) with Roasted Chili, Lemongrass and Mint from cooking instructor Kasma Loha-unchit. This spicy Thai salad uses lemongrass and mint to add a characteristic flavor to this dish. The heat comes from two spicy ingredients, the roasted.
Plah Koong / Thai Shrimps Salad step by step
- Choose fresh shrimps if possible,as Pla dish is mean blanch or medium grill meat with spicy sauce ,so ,devein,blanch shrimps,drain well.
- Make sauce ,add palm sugar,coconut milk,fish sauce,roast chilli paste ,tamarind puree to the sauce pan,simmer to bubbles and thickness ,transfer to mixing bowl,let it cool.
- Chop chili,shallot,mint,tomato,thinny slice lemongrass.
- After sauce completely cool,add sliced ingredients.
- Add shrimps,fresh lime juice ,stir to mix.
- Serve as salad or with hot steamed jasmine rice :).
Put lettuce in salad bowls, and arrange shrimp on top. Place ginger, onion and chilies over shrimp. In a small bowl, mix lemongrass, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and black pepper. Pour over salads and garnish with green onion, cilantro, and mint leaves. Shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber and herbs are tossed with a spicy Thai dressing in this colorful salad.