Tilapia in Mustard gravy. And the size of Tilapia/Telapia was large enough to make my heart jump in joy. Though my all-time favorite combo is Tel Jhal Tilapia this time I decided to try a typical Bengali delicacy Telapia Sorshe Jhal or Tilapia in Mustard sauce. Telapia Sorshe Jhal or Bengali Style Tilapia in mustard sauce is a typical Bengali Delicacy where lightly fried Tilapia is cooked in yellow mustard gravy with onion and spices.
Add cream and mustard to pan; stir with a whisk until well combined. Even though this is not the same recipe but flavor was excellent. This awesome tilapia is a "you have to try this" recipe. You can have Tilapia in Mustard gravy using 15 easy ingredients and 11 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Tilapia in Mustard gravy
- It’s pieces of Tilapia fish -cubed.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 3 of chilly Green.
- You need 4 pods of Garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Mustard oil / coconut oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mustard seed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chilly powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s of cilantro Chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
Delicious tilapia is crusted with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and chopped pecan topping. Mild, tasty tilapia is flavored with a Dijon mustard topping. The chopped pecans give the dish a nice crunch. This Tilapia Masala is a spicy version of Tilapia recipe.
Tilapia in Mustard gravy step by step
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric,lemon juice,salt and pepper for 15 mins..
- Make a paste of sliced onions,tomatoes and garlic..
- Make another paste of garlic,mustard seeds and green chilies..
- In a pan,heat the oil and fry the fish pieces lightly and remove the excess oil from fish..
- In the same pan,add the purees and stir well till the raw smell goes..
- Add pinch of turmeric,salt,enough pepper and chilly powder..
- Mix till all the water is evaporated and the masala dries..
- Sprinkle some garam masala and add some water..
- Now drop in the fried fish pieces into this curry and add enough water.Let it cook..
- Stir occasionally and gently without breaking the fish pieces..
- Garnish with some cilantro and serve hot with rice..
This is a very spicy Tilapia Fish curry. We can not claim this to be a Bengali recipe, as this is not an authentic dish. It's blunt in taste, so we use to make this fish tasty either with Mustard paste or with onion tomato based gravy. Honey mustard Honey mustard is just that; honey and mustard blended together. This sweeter variety lacks the hot notes that you find in mustard Whole grain mustard, sometimes called stone ground mustard, has a grainy texture that is great when added to potato salad.