Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf). "Prawn Potli Biryani" is prepared with fragrant rice and spicy prawns parceled inside a banana leaf, fried on tawa to infuse the flavors of banana leaf and. Prawn Pollichathu Recipe, Learn how to make Prawn Pollichathu (absolutely delicious recipe of Prawn Pollichathu ingredients and cooking method) Experience the authentic flavours of Malabari seafood seeped into juicy prawns. Prawns are marinated in spices and lime juice, cooked in an.
Plateful: Karimeen pollichathu — Pearlspot fish grilled in banana leaf. This creamy prawn curry cooked in coconut gravy with warm spices is a north Indian food delicacy that is often eaten with traditional Jeera rice. Prawn Pollichathu is another one of Malabar's iconic prawn recipes that combine prawns and curry. You can cook Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) using 15 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf)
- Prepare 500 gm of Prawns.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of big tomato.
- You need 1 of big onion sliced.
- Prepare of ginger garlic crushed.
- It’s of Coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of coconut thick milk.
- You need of Pepper Powder.
- You need Handful of curry leaves.
- Prepare Leaf of Plantain.
Not only are prawns the centerpiece of this but the spices also serve as excellent complements. Once the prawns are dark brown, add coconut milk. The fresh plantain leaf enhances the flavour of the prawns that are marinated with spicy masala. This delicious prawns dish tastes amazing with boiled tapioca or rice.
Prawn Pollichathu (Prawn cooked in Plantain leaf) instructions
- First in a bowl add the prawns add all spices turmeric,1/2 tsp chilli powder,1/2 tsp Coriander powder,salt to taste, cumin powder,garam masala 1/2 tsp.
- In a pan add coconut oil add little curry leaf and then add prawns and cook half done and remove..
- In same pan add some more oily then add onion sauté well add ginger-garlic crushed cook till raw smell goes. Then add all the dry spices cook while and add tomato cook well..
- Now add the prawns and mix well till all the spices gets into it cook for while it should look thick gravy now add coconut milk and adjust salt. Cook till the milk is drained completely..
- Once done add some more curry leaves and cover and remove from heat. Once it’s cool down a bit Clean the plantain leaf and add the prawns masala to it wrap it really well..
- In a pan add some oil put this plantain leaf in low flame and cook both side till color change and it’s done..
Check out how to easily make Kerala-style prawn roast in plantain leaf or chemmeen pollichathu. Karimeen Pollichathu is a yummy recipe in which fish is cooked along with coconut milk. Learn how to make/prepare Karimeen Polichathu by following this easy recipe. An authentic dish from Kerala, this delicacy is prepared using spices and is steamed using plantain leaves. Meen Pollichathu – Fish cooked in banana leaves.