Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry. Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut (Ambot Tik) is a spicy, sour curry that comes from Goa. Goan Prawn curry made with roasted spices, fresh coconut and coconut milk is easy to make. About Goan Prawn Curry Recipe: Also known as Ambot Tik, Goan prawn curry has prawns cooked in coconut milk with a spicy gravy How to Make Goan Prawn Curry.
I adapted an original Goan recipe so I could recreate it in my London kitchen, where sadly, fresh prawns and fresh coconut are in short supply. Goan Prawns Curry Recipe goes well with pao, steamed rice and fry fish. Goan Prawns Curry Recipe hails from Goa and is a classic fish curry made with prawns or any fish. You can have Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry using 25 easy ingredients and 13 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry
- Prepare of Marination.
- You need 340 g of peeled and deveined washed prawns/shrimp.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare of Blending.
- It’s 1 cup of dry/fresh grated coconut 🥥.
- It’s 3 of dry red chillies 🌶.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of small tomato 🍅.
- You need 3-5 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2/3 cup of water.
- It’s of Main Procedure.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 of slit green chilli (optional).
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Water to adjust consistency (as per your convenience).
- It’s of Garnishing.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves (finely chopped).
This Goan Prawns Curry is also known as Sungta Human or sungta hooman curry in the local language of Goa. Prawns, Shrimp, Goan-dish, restaurant-style-Recipe, Cooking Method Then add tumeric powder. Now add Green chillies, kokum and add to the curry with the prawns. Prawn curry cooked with ginger, chillies & coconut milk.
Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry instructions
- Start by marinating the washed prawns/shrimp with all the ingredients mentioned for marination.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above for blending in a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste by adding water little by little.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wide saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and 1 green chilli (optional) sauté for a minute till the onion gets translucent.
- Turn the heat to medium or low, and add the paste. Be very careful at this point, as the paste splashes.
- Let the paste cook with the onion for about a minute.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and wait till it bubbles.
- Add salt as per taste and a tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Cook for a minute and add the marinated prawns 🦐/shrimp.
- Add water to adjust the consistency as per your choice and cover it with a lid and let it bubble on low flame for 5 minutes (I added 1/2 cup).
- Now turn the flame to high and let it bubble for another 5 minutes without the lid on till the shrimp is fully cooked. (don’t over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery).
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Perfect with steamed rice 🍚 Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
My Goan Prawn Caldinho spells just that – full of goodness, healthy and a curry that will keep you coming back for seconds. One of the main things about cooking seafood is the time it takes; really quick and also. Play this game and learn how to prepare a delicious Goan Prawn Curry. Serve and enjoy with your family tonight. Caldinho is a typical Goan preparation that is mildly spiced.