Chicken and Prawn Laksa. Ingredients for Chicken And Prawn Laksa Recipe. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add chicken and sauté for two to three minutes.
There are many variations of laksa in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Chicken and Prawns are the perfect combination for this spicy fragrant dish! For a chicken and prawn laksa use a mixture of chicken stock and prawn stock, and add shredded chicken as a topping. You can have Chicken and Prawn Laksa using 12 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chicken and Prawn Laksa
- Prepare 1 of two tablespoons vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of to 6 macro free range chicken thighs, skinned, boned, thinly sliced.
- You need 375 of mil water.
- It’s 500 of mil coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 of one red chilli, thinly sliced.
- It’s 120 grams of laksa paste.
- You need 1 of four – eight prawns per person, raw, peeled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 200 grams of thin rice noodles.
- You need 1 of lime wedges for serving.
There are many variations of laksa pastes and you can feel free to experiment and make your own. The liquid in the laksa will be soupy. Add the chicken, prawns and soup evenly over the noodles and top with bean sprouts, mint and chilli. Cooking curry laksa begins with the preparation of the broth followed by the laksa paste.
Chicken and Prawn Laksa instructions
- heat a large saucepan over a low heat and add the oil. Add the laksa paste.Fry gently, staring occasionally for 3 min or until fragrant. Add the chicken and mix well. Fry gently for 2 min.
- add the prawns, water, coconut milk and fish sauce. Mix and bring to the boil then simmer for 5 min or until the prawns are cooked . The liquid in the Laksa will be soupy..
- drop the noodles into another saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 min or as per pack instructions. Drain and divide evenly among four large bowls..
- add the chicken, prawns and soup evenly over the noodles and top with beansprouts, mint and chilli. Serve with a lime wedges..
These are the most important components to making a good bowl of curry laksa. To prepare vegetarian curry laksa, use vegetable broth instead of chicken and prawn broth. Slightly hidden in an alley, this Malaysian restaurant really knows how to impress with their chicken and prawn laksa. Tastes just as good as the one from Singapore. or even better! Would go for the same dish as the combo of prawns and chicken (surf n turf) is right up Sam's alley.