Fried Shrimp Dumpling Appetizer. A pillowy and tender pan-fried Shrimp Gyoza Recipe served with a fiery Szechuan spicy sauce. As daunting as making dumplings seemed, it's something I always wanted to make from scratch. And if I had known they were this easy to make, I wouldn't have waited this long.
I love Cantonese dim sum and wonton soup, where little morsels of dumplings, steamed buns, and various appetizers are served in bamboo baskets. These crispy, golden brown shrimp dumplings are called "明虾角" in Cantonese dialect. Fat little Chinese stuffed dumplings, filled with a savory beef and shrimp filling, are browned in a skillet, then steamed until hot and tender. This Appetizing Fried Shrimp Dumpling Appetizer using 9 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Shrimp Dumpling Appetizer
- You need 10 of shrimp.
- Prepare 10 of wan ton skin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of each vegetables oil and coconut oil or any oil.
- Prepare of marinate.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need of optional dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of french salad dressing per shrimp wan ton.
Place a whole shrimp in the center of each wrapper with the tail sticking up beyond the tip of the triangle. Here, I made shrimp dumplings, saewu mandu (새우 만두). I'm also going to show you how to make homemade dumpling wrappers. Add the dumplings, making sure they aren't touching each other.
Fried Shrimp Dumpling Appetizer instructions
- devein and remove shell but keep tail intact.
- marinate shrimp and wrap wan ton skin on shrimp.
- heat up oil then deep fry it for about 3 minute till lightly brown and crispy.
- serve it as it is shrimp wan ton appetizer or serve it with french dressing.
For the filling: Mix together shrimp, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, sugar and season with salt. Spoon filling into center of the circles. Fold circles in half and pinch side seam into each other to make wrinkles. This should create something like a zig-zag stitching. Heat oil, place dumplings into a bamboo basket.