ANCHOVY SAMBAL GINGER FLOWER (Gerang Sambal Bongkot). Sambal is a hot sauce or condiment from Indonesia that has a many variations. This one, sambal bongkot, is a typical Balinese condiment made from torch. Sambal is an Indonesian chili sauce or paste typically made from a mixture of a variety of chili peppers with secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, garlic, ginger, shallot.
Cukup dengan sepiring nasi putih saja sudah nikmat sekali. Dried anchovies with green chilli sambal. ANCHOVY SAMBAL GINGER FLOWER (Gerang Sambal Bongkot) recipe – Potato Salad with Coriander and Anchovy recipe – Anchovy and Rocket Cheese Crepe recipe – Tomoto Basil and Anchovy Pasta recipe – Anchovy and Rapeseed Greens Pasta recipe. You can cook ANCHOVY SAMBAL GINGER FLOWER (Gerang Sambal Bongkot) using 9 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ANCHOVY SAMBAL GINGER FLOWER (Gerang Sambal Bongkot)
- Prepare 200 g of anchovies, fried.
- Prepare 3 of Bongkot (kecombrang) flowers, take the bud part.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 10 of pcs red cayenne pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 of pcs shallots, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste, roasted.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut oil, heat.
- Prepare 3 of limes, use the juice.
Sambal Bongkot (Torch Ginger Sambal) is a unique sambal and originated from Bali. Bongkot is Balinese word for torch ginger or other Indonesians call it kecombrang, honje, rias, kincung, rias, kencong, kincuang, sambuan, asam cekala, asam patikala depend on. What others are saying indonesia sambal bongkot recipe with kecombrang honje ginger flower recipe Sambal Bongkot (Bali style Torch Ginger Sambal) by Ira. The main ingredients are green beans, sambal oelek (where the sambal oelek can be replaced with fresh red chili pepper and salt, which is what it is made of), and coconut milk.
ANCHOVY SAMBAL GINGER FLOWER (Gerang Sambal Bongkot) step by step
- Rinse Bongkot (kecombrang) and drain. Slice thin..
- Add salt, knead until wilted. Rinse and drain. Set aside..
- Mix the red chili sauce and onion and stir well. Add salt and grilled shrimp. Stir well..
- Pour hot oil and add the lemon juice..
- Add the Bongkot slices and stir well. Add fried anchovies, and it's ready to be enjoyed with warm rice..
- IMAGE : kecombrang/bongkot..
- IMAGE : preparation of ingredient..
- IMAGE : cooking results, seen up close..
I really liked this version, which was inspired by many different recipes I found online. THE GINGER TORCH FLOWER IS A WILD pink FLOWER THAT GROWS IN THE DAMP JUNGLES OF MALAYSIA. The striking pink colour is beautiful but the taste is just heavenly. Malaysians use this in their food.like Laksa, Asam Pedas and also in Sambals as we. Sambal goreng ikan asin yang satu ini tidak kalah nikmatnya.