Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE). "Sambal Goreng Udang & Petai" is basically made from potatoes, tofu, shrimps and "tempe". The special ingredient of this dish is the stinky beans. Masakan Minang Rumahan I Fried Shrimp and Stinky Bean With Sambal.
The main ingredients are green beans, sambal oelek (where the sambal oelek can be replaced with fresh red chili pepper and salt, which is what it is made of), and coconut milk. I really liked this version, which was inspired by many different recipes I found online. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. This Appetizing Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE) using 17 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE)
- Prepare 400 gr of shrimp, fried.
- You need 1 pod of petai (Stink Bean), peeled and split in two.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 200 ml of thick coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal, crushed.
- Prepare 3 leaves of lime/lemon, boned.
- You need to taste of Sugar and salt.
- It’s to taste of Oil for frying.
- It’s of GROUND SPICES.
- Prepare 10 of small red onions.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of curly red chilies.
- You need 5 of large red chilies.
- You need 9 of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 of hazelnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
It seldom takes center stage as it is usually served as an accompaniment or condiment to jazz up a meal. A little goes a long way because the sauce (and not the shrimps) is actually the star of the dish. Serve it as a light main course or as a side. If you use sambal belacan which is a chili and shrimp paste, you don't have to add shrimp paste separately, but you'll probably have to make adjustments to the.
Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE) instructions
- Saute ground spices, galangal and lime leaves until fragrant..
- Add the shrimp and tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes are slightly soft..
- Add coconut milk and brown sugar, cook until the sauce is reduced. Add the petai..
- Serve warm rice to accompany..
- NOTE : Parkia speciosa (petai, bitter bean, twisted cluster bean, stinker or stink bean).
Sambal udang was the first recipe I tried from Cooking for the President. If you want to try just one recipe from the book, sambal udang would be the one. It's quick, easy and very, very good. Serve at room temperature with cucumber or winged beans on the side. Sambal goreng udang recipe by Charmaine Solomon – To make the prawn stock, rinse the prawn heads and shells and drain well.