Crab-Asparagus Frittata. For an elegant presentation of this crab and asparagus frittata, choose slender asparagus spears and leave them long. Better Homes & Gardens Better Homes & Gardens. Gardening Recipes and Cooking Decorating Home Improvement Ideas.
Serve cold, bring to room temperature, or reheat before serving. Frittata photos by Diana Yen, food styling by Anna Hampton, infographic by June Kim Instructions. Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray and set the asparagus on the sheet. You can have Crab-Asparagus Frittata using 8 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Crab-Asparagus Frittata
- You need 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 c of heavy whipping cream or coconut milk.
- Prepare 10 stalks of asparagus, sliced diagonally into 3/4" pieces.
- You need 1 can (6 oz) of crab meat, drained.
- You need 4 T of EVOO.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
By: Rheanna Kish and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. By: Rheanna Kish and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Fresh asparagus pairs with sweet crabmeat in a frittata fit for easy entertaining.. To make handle ovenproof, wrap it completely in aluminum foil.
Crab-Asparagus Frittata instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, cream or milk, asparagus, crab and 2 T oil..
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat 2 T oil and cook garlic and onion until soft. Sprinkle in salt. Pour in egg mixture and stir to combine..
- Cook on stove top for 3 min. or until edges begin to firm. Transfer to oven and bake 10 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean..
Chopped cooked shrimp can be substituted for the crab. Pour in egg mixture and stir to combine. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Mix the eggs, cream, lemon rind, tabasco, salt and pepper together. To make handle ovenproof, wrap it completely in aluminum foil.