Mussels in white wine and garlic broth. Shallots, garlic, and white wine make the perfect broth. As the mussels steam, the broth gets trapped inside the shells. It's divine, plus, the leftover broth is perfect To remove it, hold a mussel in one hand using a dry towel.
Using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high. This Delicious Mussels in white wine and garlic broth using 17 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mussels in white wine and garlic broth
- You need 2 of kgs Mussels.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
- You need of zest of a lemon and a lime.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon and half a lime.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of thai seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic and herb seasoning.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of dry white wine.
- Prepare to taste of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of coconut cream.
- You need to taste of pepper.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of coriander.
Steamed mussels prepared Provencal-style for a taste of southeastern France. This seafood delicacy comes together with the help of white wine and garlic. Butter, shallots, garlic, chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, and white wine, create a light and savory broth. I like to toast baguette slices to dip and.
Mussels in white wine and garlic broth instructions
- Clean mussels then leave them soaking in clean water before cooking.
- Put garlic ginger onion zest in a big pot that has butter and oil heated and leave for a few minutes stir be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add wine and tomato paste cook out a bit then add seasonings stock cube bay leaves lemon and lime juice water and coconut cream.
- Leave simmering for about 15 mins to reduce if it gets to thick thin it white a bit of water. Add mussels and toss every few minutes so they all cook evenly add coriander.
F&W's Grace Parisi shares a classic recipe for mussels in white wine, then creates amazing alternatives with clam broth, sake and lager. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. Bring the wine to a boil in a large pot over high heat. The Chef: Belkys Nerey The Dish: Mussels in White Wine Broth. Method of Preparation Mussels with Tomatoes and Garlic.