Candy’s Tilapia RiceVegetable mix.
This Perfect Candy’s Tilapia RiceVegetable mix using 16 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Candy’s Tilapia RiceVegetable mix
- Prepare 2 cups of Well rinsed Jasmine Rice.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 Cup of Of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- You need of Raw or frozen mixture of Vegetables.
- It’s 2 of large thick Tilapia Fillets.
- It’s of Garlic 2 cloves finely minced.
- It’s of Fresh sweet Basil.
- You need of cornbread.
- You need 2 cups of sifted self rising flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Pure Cornmeal Yellow.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 of Of milk or more, batter will be slightly thick and slightly lumpy.
- You need 1/2 Stick of unsalted butter divided.
Candy’s Tilapia RiceVegetable mix step by step
- Pour Jasmine into a large strainer with small holes. To se until water runs clean. Set aside..
- Cornbread; Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. I baked mine in 12 inch iron skillet. For 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown and knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle. 25 minutes was not quite done in the middle.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, add water, milk, butter, vanilla and pinch of salt to taste. When liquid boils, add Rice. Stir with a fork, place on tight lid, turn heat to medium. Allow to cook 20-25 minutes..
- Turn the heat off, do not lift lid, do not touch, unless you are moving whole pot and lid out of your way..
- While the rice is cooking, Mix soft butter, garlic and basil together, lather all over fish well, set aside..
- Place fresh or frozen vegetables in a large sauce pot. With 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. Butter, salt, optional.. red pepper flakes, black pepper etc..
- Turn heat on medium until liquid begins to boil. Turn on simmer. With Lid. Cook just until vegetables are tender or if frozen thawed and hot..
- While vegetables are cooking. Heat pan / skillet large enough for fish. Add oil carefully to hot skillet, add butter. When oils are hot, carefully add fish, place on tight lid, lower heat to medium low. This will poach the fish.
- Normally when frying, fish is done 4-6 minutes per side. I poached mine on low slightly longer. The lid kept the moisture in allowed the fish to remain flaky and almost fall apart..
- On a plate, add rice, vegetables, fish and cornbread.