Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema. These tacos filled with spiced sweet potatoes, goat cheese and rich avocado crema are fast, vegetarian, gluten-free and come together in under Avocado crema – a fancy name for something super simple – just a blend of avocado, cilantro, lime juice and sour cream (or Mexican crema if you. Wash sweet potatoes, cut them into halves and place on a baking tray. To assemble, place the shrimp in the sweet potato boats, top with avocado cream, garnish with cilantro and serve!
Sweet Potato Egg Boats…BOOM." Me: "You're so genius I could cry." Made with sweet potatoes and quinoa, and topped with avocado-cilantro crema. These vegetarian black bean burgers are slightly spicy and super tasty. They're made with sweet potatoes and quinoa, and topped with the best sour cream avocado-cilantro crema plus sprouts. This Tasty Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema using 12 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema
- It’s 1/2 lb. of shrimp, peeled – I usually buy shrimp frozen, raw, deveined, with the tails still on. Thaw in a strainer under cool water, remove the tails, and spread out over paper towels to pat dry.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chili flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of coconut milk (any other milk may work).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 of medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cilantro, chopped and divided.
- Prepare of Lime wedges to garnish.
Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Simple Avocado Crema. Unless that turkey on white bread sandwich also comes with a layer of sweet cranberry sauce and avocado slices with a sprinkle of kosher salt. You might have leftover avocado crema, great for a topping on a mexican inspired salad of romaine. Rinse and dry the sweet potato.
Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes, cut them into halves and place on a baking tray. Brush with a bit of oil, season with salt and pepper then roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes..
- If you are short on time, skip step 1, poke the potatoes with a fork a few times and microwave for 10-15 minutes, until tender..
- Once cooked, remove and allow to cool a bit. Then gently scoop out the center leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside..
- Meanwhile; make the avocado cream. In a food processor, combine avocado with milk, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, a pinch of salt and pulse until very smooth..
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and add shrimp, garlic, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt..
- Cook the shrimp on both sides until opaque, about 3-4 minutes..
- To assemble, place the shrimp in the sweet potato boats, top with avocado cream, garnish with remaining cilantro and serve!.
Since sweet potatoes have some sugar in them, they can become caramelized and stuck to the bottom of the pan. We especially love grilled or baked chicken, tofu and shrimp. Storing the leftover sauce: Since it has avocado blended in, when. These light and refreshing Sweet Potato Tacos are filled with a simple sweet potato and black bean hash, and topped with a tangy lime crema. Okay, so it's not actually Mexican crema, but it's a lime flavored sour cream that you can substitute for real crema if your grocery store doesn't carry a large.