Tuna curry. If the tuna is packed in oil, drain the oil (which you may have used in step one). If it's packed in water, you can just dump the whole can into the sauce, water and all. This tuna curry recipe by Selina Periampillai is a true celebration of Maldivian ingredients and flavours.
In a mixing bowl break the tuna up with a fork. Toss with the onion, fresh coriander, and raisins. In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the curry powder, and stir until. This Delicious Tuna curry using 14 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Tuna curry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of generic curry powder blend.
- You need 2 of salam leaves (see Note).
- You need 2 kg of diced fresh tuna.
- It’s 500 ml (2 cups) of coconut cream.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
- You need of steamed rice, to serve.
- Prepare 6 of red bird's-eye chillies.
- Prepare 2 pieces of fresh turmeric, peeled.
- It’s 8 of golden eschalots.
- You need 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of palm oil.
- You need 10 of candlenuts.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 cm of knob galangal, peeled.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass, smashed and left whole.
Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt. Transfer to shallow bowls and top with herbs. The Best Fresh Tuna Curry Recipes on Yummly After the curry has reached the desired consistency, reduce heat to low and gently fold the tuna in.
Tuna curry instructions
- For the paste, place all the ingredients except 125 ml (½ cup) of the palm oil and the lemongrass into a spice grinder or food processor and blend to a smooth paste..
- Heat the remaining palm oil in a wok over high heat. Add the paste and lemongrass and cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in the curry powder and salam leaves, then add the tuna and gently stir, making sure the tuna doesn’t break up..
- Add the coconut cream, season to taste and bring to the boil. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and stand for 30 minutes before serving with steamed rice..
- NOTES Salam leaves are Indonesian bay leaves. You can substitute with curry leaves or bay leaves..
Serve over hot basmati rice and garnish with optional cilantro; enjoy. ← Add tuna, and season with salt. Place over medium-low heat, and bring to a simmer. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add oil. When it shimmers, add garlic, ginger and mustard seeds. This tuna fish curry is suitable for anyone who loves curry.