Green curry mussels. Mussels with white wine and shallots is a dish I've made at home many, many times, but the green curry coconut mussels were so exotic and delicious. Thai green curry paste and coconut milk are a great match for these briny bivalves. Most mussels are sustainably farmed, making them an excellent seafood option.
Available in the ethnic foods aisle at the supermarket, the paste keeps several months in the refrigerator. You can get canned Thai green curry paste and lime leaves at Asian grocery stores. Learn how to prepare this Green Curry Mussels recipe like a pro. You can have Green curry mussels using 11 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Green curry mussels
- It’s 1 kg of mussels (scrubbed and debearded).
- It’s 1 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove (crushed).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger (grated).
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Valcom Green Curry Paste (add more to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 bunch of coriander (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare of fried shallots (for garnishing).
Mussels are going to get some Thai Treatment with in this delicious recipe of Thai Green Curry Mussels. One of my favorite restaurants serves green curry mussels with naan for mopping up the pot liquor. Every time we go, it is a must order so I decided I had to recreate it at home. Celebrating this year's Best of L.
Green curry mussels step by step
- Heat a medium-sized heavy-based pot and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant..
- Add fish sauce, coconut milk and sugar and bring to boil..
- Add drained mussels and cover pot with lid. Bring pot contents to boil and remove from heat immediately..
- With the lid on, shake the pot occasionally to open the mussels..
- Dish out on a serving plate and garnish with chopped coriander and fried shallots. Serve the dish immediately with steamed rice..
Coconut Curry Mussels Done The Caribbean Way. Add my THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE and cook, stirring until it's sizzling and smelling yum. Serve them along with some steamed jasmine rice lightly dressed with lime. Add drained mussels and cover pot with lid. Bring pot contents to boil and remove from heat The 'Green Curry' is a relatively new curry dish in Thailand's history; assumed to have been created.