Crawfish soup. The Best Crawfish Soup Recipes on Yummly Crawfish Soup, Cream Of Crawfish Soup, Crawfish And Cauliflower Soup. This "soup for the Cajun soul" can be made with crab, shrimp, crawfish, all three or in combination with each other.
Like most families we have recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. You sit there looking at a soup so rich with crayfish, crabs or lobsters that the whole thing is a warming, welcoming. Puree soup and pass through a fine sieve. This Perfect Crawfish soup using 16 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- Prepare 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- Prepare 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- It’s 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- You need 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- Prepare 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- You need 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- You need 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Boil again and stir in cream. Season to taste and froth with an immersion blender. Serve soup with sauteed pears and crawfish. Creamy soup or a nice bowl of chowder is comforting on a cold winter's night.
Crawfish soup step by step
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Try this crawfish corn soup made with Louisiana Crawfish, which displays the best flavors of both shrimp and lobster. Only six ingredients that combine fresh flavor and convenience to create a quick. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails. Sauté vegetables in butter until tender. Add flour and stir until blended.