Coconut Sambal with Mature Tempeh (SAMBAL JENGGOT). Crispy fried tempeh is tossed in addicting spicy sambal sauce is a popular Indonesian dish and a great source of meatless protein. My personal favorite of tempeh dishes is this sambal goreng tempeh. The tempeh is deep-fried or pan-fried and then cooked with a spicy, sweet, and slightly tangy sauce.
I loves srilankan dishes I do make quite few dishes like sodhi and other recipes cuz most of my cousins are married to srilankans. Dishes consist of tempeh, anchovies, peanut fried together with sambal until dried. This is a sambal made of scraped coconut (pol and thengkai mean coconut in Sinhala and Tamil, respectively), onion, green chili, red chili powder, and lime. This Perfect Coconut Sambal with Mature Tempeh (SAMBAL JENGGOT) using 9 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Coconut Sambal with Mature Tempeh (SAMBAL JENGGOT)
- Prepare 1/2 pc of coconut (a bit old), shredded lengthwise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tempeh Semangit (mature tempeh).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 of red chili.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne peppers.
- It’s 1 piece of kencur (knuckle-sized).
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shrimp paste, roasted.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
How to make Thengai sambal or coconut sambal. Pol sambol (coconut sambol) is a traditional Sri Lankan condiment prepared with freshly grated coconut. It is most often used as an We tasted this delicious freshly prepared pol sambol with kiri hodi and string hoppers (idiyappam) for a Sunday brunch. Have you ever tried coconut sambal or Pol Sambol at home?
Coconut Sambal with Mature Tempeh (SAMBAL JENGGOT) instructions
- Puree cayenne peppers, garlic, kencur, brown sugar, shrimp paste and salt..
- Add the tempeh and coconut, stir to mix..
- Put into a plastic bag or wrap with banana leaf, then steamed until cooked..
- Serve the sambal together with vegetable and other dishes..
- NOTE : Tempe semangit or matured tempeh..
If not, this is the right time to give it a try. Today, I am going to show Coconut sambal is one of the well-known dishes among Sri Lankans. People prepare this dish very often for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Rice and curry is Sri Lanka's national dish, and an essential part of a curry banquet is a range of sambals and other accompaniments. Pol Sambol ( Coconut Sambol ).