Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup. Pumpkin soup is high atop my list of winter favorites, and this year I've decided to add a Thai twist to the classic with this healthy recipe for coconut pumpkin soup made with plenty of fresh garlic. I've traded nutmeg for curry powder and heavy cream for coconut milk. The result is one seriously flavor-packed comfort food with subtle.
Place olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. If you are looking for a fast soup recipe for lunch and are not calorie-shy then this rich, creamy, pumpkin soup is just for you. Thai flavors of red chili paste, fresh lime and coconut cream add a bright flavor punch. This Delicious Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup using 15 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook that.
Ingredients of Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup
- You need 350 grm of yellow pumpkin (peeled ) cubed.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 5oo ml of chicken stock.
- You need 800 ml of coconut cream ( canned).
- Prepare 1 cup of basil leaves.
- You need to taste of pepper and salt.
- You need of Ingredients for shrimp paste.
- It’s 125 grm of prawns (shelled and deveined ).
- It’s 10 of shallots ,peeled.
- You need 1 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli ,minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger ,grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon grass stalk, finely chopped.
Thai pumpkin soup with coconut and lime Packed full of vitamin C, the versatile pumpkin adds more than just colour to a dish. So try this delicious Thai pumpkin soup with coconut and lime for a comforting dinner during these cold winter months. Thai Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Soup This Thai pumpkin soup is creamy and full of flavour, zest and spice. It's filling enough for a meal or can be paired with shredded or diced chicken or grilled prawns for extra protein.
Thai pumpkin and coconut cream soup step by step
- Using a mortar and pestle pound together all the ingredients listed under shrimp paste to form a well mixed paste..
- Toss the pumpkin cubes in lemon juice and keep aside..
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the shrimp paste, coconut cream and 250 ml chicken stock.Whisk well so no lumps remain..
- On medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and stir to ensure there are no lumps..
- Add pumpkin and cook on low heat until pumpkin is tender but not mushy..
- Add the remaining 250 ml chicken stock, salt,pepper and basil leaves. Stir through and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Add stock, pumpkin and seasonings; whisk until blended. Puree soup using an immersion blender, or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan. Stir in coconut milk; heat through. In slow cooker, combine pumpkin, onion, ginger, garlic and red chili pepper. Pour in coconut milk, broth and fish sauce.