Island Seafood and Corn Chowder. This corn and seafood chowder is a hearty, creamy mixture of scallops, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Use clam broth, fish stock or shrimp stock. This chowder is versatile as you can change up the seafood you use.
Learn how to make Seafood and corn chowder & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Use whatever white fish fillets look best at your market for this soup—you really can't go wrong. Corn just off the cob will give the soup better flavor, but it's still fantastic with kernels right out of the freezer. You can have Island Seafood and Corn Chowder using 14 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Island Seafood and Corn Chowder
- It’s of White fish, 1 lbs diced large (I used cod).
- It’s 1 lbs of peeled, deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
- Prepare 2 cans of coconut milk, plus 1 can water or seafood stock.
- Prepare of Red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of fresh scotch bonnet, pierced once with a knife.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Recipe by Brooke the Cook in. This makes a big pot of thick seafood chowder, you almost need a fork to eat it! It uses seafood commonly found around Vancouver Island – salmon and rockfish – along with diced potato, carrot and chopped kale. Use chicken or vegetable broth if it's what you have on hand, but nothing beats chowder made with homemade fish stock.
Island Seafood and Corn Chowder instructions
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onion and garlic until onion translucent..
- Add the diced potatoes and celery. Cook for about 8 min. Add in your tomato paste then your seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook for further 2 min..
- Add in your coconut milk, milk, scotch bonnet and red Bell pepper. Bring to rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are ALMOST cooked through..
- When the potatoes are about 80% cooked, add in your white fisg and shrimp. Cook for about 8-10 min until the fish is flaky and the shrimp is pink..
- Serve hot. I julienned some fresh kale and put it in my bowl. When the hot chowder is poured into the bowl it will cook the kale just perfectly..
I save fish bones and tails and simmer them. Corn Seafood Chowder. "I lightened up this recipe by using less oil and reduced-fat milk," Naomi Tarr of Salisbury, Maryland says of her savory soup. Add flour; stir until vegetables are coated. Rhode Island Clear Broth Clam Chowder. sounds better the that red manhatten crap. but being a mainah i'll always prefer my chowders, clam, seafood or corn in a cream broth. Diet Types: CKD non-dialysis Diabetes Dialysis.