Seafood with homemade green curry.
This Perfect Seafood with homemade green curry using 18 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood with homemade green curry
- It’s 1 of small bunch fresh cilantro.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 2 stalks of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass stalk, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1-14 oz of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 3-4 oz of fillets firm white fish (I used frozen haddock).
- It’s 12 of prawns, 31/40 size, shelled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bay scallops.
Seafood with homemade green curry instructions
- Pick the leaves off half the cilantro. Set the leaves aside for garnish. Put the stems as well as the remaining cilantro, plus all the ingredients except for the coconut milk and seafood, into a food processor or blender. Blitz until you get a slightly chunky paste..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 heap tbsp of the curry paste and let cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer..
- Lay the fish into the sauce. I put mine in frozen, so they took about 7 minutes to cook through. If defrosted, they'll take less time. When the fish is almost cooked, add the prawns and scallops. Continue simmering for 2 to 3 minutes until the prawns are pink. Add salt if needed. Chop the cilantro leaves you set aside previously and sprinkle it over the curry. Serve with freshly steamed rice..