Coconut Curry Shrimp. Super easy, one pot and tons of flavors! I owe you this coconut curry shrimp recipe. And I'm delivering it in two different versions, one that was the original from a cereal cooking challenge I was part of and the other version minus the cereal for.
Made it without the shrimp and over rice. substituted coconut milk for milk i heated in a pan and spiced with nutmeg. And finally, if you are averse to shrimp, I actually believe chicken would make a great substitution here OR leave it out. Coconut Curry ShrimpOne of my favorite curry dishes. You can cook Coconut Curry Shrimp using 12 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Curry Shrimp
- It’s 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined, tail off jumbo shrimp.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of Finely diced onion, about 1/4 cup worth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced garlic,.
- It’s of Curry powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 dash of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- It’s of Rough chopped fresh cilantro.
Simple Thai-inspired curries have recently become one of my weeknight staples. How to serve coconut curry shrimp? Obviously, and just like any curry, this dish is perfect when An easy recipe for very flavorful coconut curry shrimp. The inspiration for this Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe came from one of the best restaurants in my town.
Coconut Curry Shrimp instructions
- Melt butter in preheated skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté on low heat until soft and fragrant. Add a few good dashes of curry powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy) and a pinch of salt. Keep on low for another couple minutes. It'll start getting a bit pastey..
- Add half the can of coconut milk, continuing to sauté on low heat until it bubbles immediately after stirring. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the water till it's bubbly again. Add more curry powder and a squeeze of lime juice..
- Once the curry sauce is hot, add the raw shrimp. Continue simmering on low heat, stirring about every 3-5 minutes. Add more spice throughout according to your preference. Let it slowly simmer, stirring regularly for probably 20-30 minutes. Add the cilantro in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over rice..
- The key to this recipe is slowly building the flavor. Emphasis on slowly. Your flame should never be turned high at any time during this cook. It's an easy recipe but requires patience. As always I encourage using your own creativity. Add other Indian spices or substitutions if something strikes your fancy. I've seen a lot of recipes call for fresh basil instead of the cilantro, for example. Cilantro sounded better to me 😁 Enjoy and have fun!.
And now I'm sharing my Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe with you!! This coconut curry shrimp recipe leans toward an Indian style curry (with herbs like cardamom and fenugreek). So when purchasing ingredients, make sure to buy a curry powder that includes them. Here's a shrimp dish with sweet coconut milk, complemented by the spiciness of curry. Coconut Curry Shrimp Recipe photo by Taste of Home.