Coconut Shrimp. Coconut shrimp is a shrimp dish prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers.
My coconut shrimp recipe is unlike any others that I've tried before. The shrimp are sweet and juicy, while Pictured with my coconut shrimp is just a simple spicy peach chili sauce I found at the store. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. You can have Coconut Shrimp using 10 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp
- Prepare 2 of doz raw large shrimp thawed with tails.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of beer.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of coconut flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of vegetable oil.
These Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp are crisp, golden and delicious served a sweet and spicy "The best coconut shrimp I ever had" to quote my husband, that's how good these are, and he didn't even. Super easy, one pot and tons of flavors! Coconut milk flavored with peanut butter makes a classic Thai-inspired, creamy sauce. When tossed with shrimp and bell peppers, it makes for an easy dinner!
Coconut Shrimp step by step
- Combine 1/4 cup of flour and paprika with coconut flakes..
- Whisk egg, beer and baking powder in a separate bowl..
- Combine salt and 1/2 cup of flour in a third bowl..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour, then the batter, and then the coconut. Place the shrimp on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for no less than 30 minutes, up to 8 hours..
- Fry in heated oil 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Be careful to not put too many in the oil at once as the oil will become too cool..
- Place the fried shrimp on a paper towel to absorb the oil. Serve warm..
I feel that I've led you astray. An easy recipe for crispy Coconut Shrimp. Coconut shrimp are easy enough to make, but even easier to mess up. The breading can easily be too sweet or too soggy or overwhelm the shrimp. The best and crispiest coconut shrimp recipe with jumbo coconut shrimp that is better than Red Lobster.