spicy tuna laing / taro leaves in coconut milk. Dried Taro leaves cooked in coconut milk with a lot of chilies! A simple no-fuss recipe that is as authentic as it can get! I wanted to make Laing for the longest time.
At this point, I'm just as in the. Cooking different individual vegetables in coconut milk is a common for Filipinos but the one we called laing is the most exceptional and of course my Taro leaves are at the same both easy and hard to cook. First is how to make it chewy but not mushy. This Yummy spicy tuna laing / taro leaves in coconut milk using 11 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of spicy tuna laing / taro leaves in coconut milk
- Prepare 1 can of tuna.
- You need 1 each of onion.
- You need 1/4 head of ginger.
- You need 1 of stock seafood.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- It’s 150 grams of dried taro leaves.
- Prepare 2 of red chili.
Wash taro leaves and remove outer part of spine. Pour mixture of remaining ingredients into taro leaves. Dishes cooked with coconut milk is my all time favorite dish. No wonder, laing then became one of my favorite dishes.
spicy tuna laing / taro leaves in coconut milk instructions
- boil the dried taro leaves for 15 minutes.
- in another pan opened the can of tuna and fill in the pan add the seafood stock.
- add chopped onion and ginger, simmer for 10minutes.
- add the coconut milk, add the shrimp paste and sugar cook for 10 minutes.
- add the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- add the boiled taro leaves and let it be boiled and cook for 10minutes.
- garnished with red chili.
Laing is a Bicolano dish made of tasty gabi (taro) leaves, creamy coconut milk, and spicy chilies. Add pork, onions, garlic, and shrimp paste. Kale and Tuna Laing is a version of the famous laing (taro leaves cooked in coconut milk). This recipe is unique because I used kale leaves as an I liked my kale laing super spicy, so this time I added lots of chili peppers and used spicy bagoong. Feel free to reduce the chili peppers to control.