Coconut Shrimp. Coconut shrimp is a shrimp dish prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers.
My coconut shrimp recipe is unlike any others that I've tried before. The shrimp are sweet and juicy, while Pictured with my coconut shrimp is just a simple spicy peach chili sauce I found at the store. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. This Appetizing Coconut Shrimp using 13 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp
- You need of For Coconut Shrimps:.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable Oil, for frying.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs (japanese style).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 pinch of Paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Coconut.
- Prepare 2 of Egg Whites.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Corn-Starch.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Extra Large Easy Peel Shrimp (devein & leave tails on).
- You need of For Dipping Sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of Orange Mermalade.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
These Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp are crisp, golden and delicious served a sweet and spicy "The best coconut shrimp I ever had" to quote my husband, that's how good these are, and he didn't even. Super easy, one pot and tons of flavors! Coconut milk flavored with peanut butter makes a classic Thai-inspired, creamy sauce. When tossed with shrimp and bell peppers, it makes for an easy dinner!
Coconut Shrimp instructions
- Devein and wash shrimp, leaving the tails on..
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil over medium-high heat.
- Season panko bread crumbs with salt and paprika.
- Toss coconut with seasoned panko bread crumbs to combine..
- On a separate bowl, beat the egg whites lightly.
- Coat shrimp lightly in corn-starch, then dip shrimp in the egg whites, then coat shrimp with the coconut breading.
- Fry shrimp about 5 minutes in hot oil until evenly golden and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet lined with paper towels..
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Add all dipping sauce ingredients to a pot on a low temperature. Heat for 10 minutes, making sure you stir ingredients every few minutes, serve with coconut shrimp..
I feel that I've led you astray. An easy recipe for crispy Coconut Shrimp. Coconut shrimp are easy enough to make, but even easier to mess up. The breading can easily be too sweet or too soggy or overwhelm the shrimp. The best and crispiest coconut shrimp recipe with jumbo coconut shrimp that is better than Red Lobster.