Coconut Shrimp Soup. This recipe uses a lot of ingredients common in Thai cooking to make a delicious and spicy soup featuring shrimp and shiitake mushrooms in a coconut milk flavored broth. Soup Quick and Easy Coconut Shrimp. Quick and easy, this vibrant Cambodian-style Coconut Shrimp Soup with coconut milk, green beans, and tomatoes is perfect for a weeknight supper!
Coconut Shrimp Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Coconut Curry Soup is infused with ginger, garlic, red curry paste and coconut milk. Light coconut milk adds subtle flavor to this spicy soup for two. You can have Coconut Shrimp Soup using 12 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp Soup
- You need 1 of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of Shrimps.
- It’s 1 of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Noodles.
- You need 1 of Chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 of Assorted Spices.
- Prepare 1 of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of Chili Peppers.
- You need 1 of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of ginger.
Use a vegetable peeler to remove the strip of rind from the lime, but be careful. Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp Soup (Tom Kha). Top Chef winner Harold Dieterle's feel-good Thai coconut soup is flavored with chiles, ginger and lemongrass, and garnished with plenty of shrimp. I know it is already warm in the Northern Hemisphere but I wanted to share this delish soup with you.
Coconut Shrimp Soup step by step
- Fry onions, peppers and mushrooms in oil.
- Add coconut milk and carrots.
- Add water with about a tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Stir occasionally, adding the shrimps when the soup starts to simmer.
- Add assorted Spices and ginger. Personally I used lots of rosemary, Chilli powder and curry powder. I also added a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add noodles to thicken the soup..
- Since coconut soup cooks very quickly take the soup down when you feel it's ready. I let it boil for about 15 minutes..
- Add lemon juice and chopped parsley to garnish.
It is easy and very satisfying. Thai Coconut Chicken and Shrimp Soup – the best soup you'll ever make in your kitchen. This Thai soup is to-die-for, better than Thai takeout! Fall is finally here in Southern California. After eating a coconut soup at a Thai restaurant, I added coconut milk in my fish chowder recipe.