Coconut Shrimp for Two. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. These crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying. For dipping sauce, I use orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish mixed to taste.
I have adapted this recipe for Coconut Shrimp Stew to some degree since obtaining all the ingredients that I learned to cook with in Phnom Penh proved tricky here in the States. However, I've left two traditional ingredients in the recipe: lemongrass and fresh turmeric. You can often find both of these. This Delicious Coconut Shrimp for Two using 8 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp for Two
- Prepare 8 large of shrimp (raw), cleaned, deveined, tails on.
- Prepare 1 large of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet coconut flakes.
- Prepare of peanut oil for frying.
Coconut shrimp is a shrimp dish prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers. "The best coconut shrimp I ever had" to quote my husband, that's how good these are, and he didn't even touch the dipping sauce! These shrimp are perfect for the Holidays, Superbowl or anytime you need an tasty appetizer.
Coconut Shrimp for Two instructions
- NOTE: I don't recommend substituting regular breadcrumbs for the panko breadcrumbs in this recipe as the breading will not be as crispy. Most U.S. groceries now carry panko breadcrumbs. They're also sold online..
- Set up your breading line. In a shallow dish, mix the flour, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. On a dinner plate mix together the panko crumbs and the shredded coconut..
- Working with one shrimp at a time, cover in the seasoned flour and shake off excess. Then dip into the egg and allow excess to drain back into the bowl. Lay on top of the crumbs/coconut mixture, scoop more of the crumbs/coconut mixture on top of the shrimp, and press the breading with the palm of your hand to help it adhere well to the shrimp. GENTLY shake off excess, then set on a plate and continue breading the remaining shrimp..
- When all shrimp have been breaded, allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. This is important when you're frying anything that's breaded in this manner to ensure that the breading stays on after you put it into the hot oil. This is the perfect time to start your rice cooking for a side dish and to heat up the oil for frying..
- In a large skillet, heat up about 1/2 inch of peanut oil on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, carefully place the shrimp in the oil but don't crowd the skillet. Fry until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with my Sweet Orange Dipping Sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365471-sweet-orange-dipping-sauce.
This baked coconut shrimp is healthier than fried, and super easy to make. These easy coconut shrimp are pan-fried in coconut oil and then dipped in a coconut and pineapple dipping sauce made from Greek yogurt! An easy recipe for crispy Coconut Shrimp. Battered in panko and lots of shredded coconut, these shrimp are deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. Coconut shrimp are easy enough to make, but even easier to mess up.