Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. Peel and devein shrimp, but leave tail ends on. Jumbo prawns and grilled shrimp with rice and coconut. The secret to grilling shrimp is to keep a close eye on them because they cook fast; the secret to flavorful shrimp is a delicious marinade.
Jumbo shrimp are plump, juicy, and perfect for grilling. The shrimp gets quickly sautéed with garlic and jalapeno, then mixed with some coconut rice. Fresh or frozen shrimp are fine. This Tasty Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice using 10 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of jumbo tiger shrimp cleaned, deveined and butterflied.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil, I used olive.
- You need to taste of Plenty of salt and pepper.
- It’s 4 of large cloves garlic, crushed.
- You need Dash of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 cups of cold water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream of coconut.
Used my own teriyaki sauce recipe rather than bottled and marinated the shrimp a few hours. I made Jasmin rice to go with them. Jumbo prawns and grilled shrimp with rice and coconut. Marsa Matruh, Egypt An assortment of dishes at a local fish restaurant including grilled shrimp, rice, eggplant, salads.
Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice step by step
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let it sit in the fridge for a bit, about 30 minutes..
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the rice, butter, salt and water. Bring to a boil. Boil for about a minute then turn heat back to low and cover. Let it cook like that for about 5-10 minutes. DO NOT STIR. Turn off heat and DO NOT LIFT THE LID. It'll finish steaming for another 10 minutes..
- Cook the shrimp on a hot grill until JUST opaque, 2-4 minutes total depending on shrimp size. Over cooked shrimp makes for a rubbery texture. Yuk..
- When the rice is done and all the water has steamed out, add the 1/4 cup of cream of coconut and a dash more salt and stir to combine. Serve with shrimp. We had sautéed vegetables from our garden on the side..
View top rated Grilled tiger shrimp recipes with ratings and reviews. It's call tiger shrimp which the size is bigger than normal shrimp. The flesh is so tight that show the yummy Yummy Purple Corn Grilling Soaked Coconut Milk – Purple Corn Grilling – Cooking With Yummy Rice Crab Feroniella Lucida Cooking Recipe – Yummy Eating Rice Crab – Cooking With Sros. You may not be able to see the coconut milk, but it's such a treat in this dish. Regardless of your locale, this version of coconut rice with yogurt is a sublime accompaniment to grilled shrimp.