Seafood and chicken paella. Why not use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of boneless cooked pieces that should be sauteed and then cooked with the rice and its liquid to add flavor, as would sauteing finely chopped onions and red pepper strips to add color and flavor. Learn how to make Seafood-and-Chicken Paella. Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining.
It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. Paella is probably Spain's most famous dish. This Tasty Seafood and chicken paella using 18 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- You need 2 pinches of saffron.
- It’s 10 of mussels.
- It’s one bag of frozen seafood mix.
- Prepare 1 of chicken thigh.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1/3 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 pack of basil.
- It’s 1 can of canned tomatoes.
- It’s 20 g of bouillon broth powder.
- You need 600 ml of water.
- You need 100 ml of white wine.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s to taste of olive oil.
Originating in Valencia, this dish of rice with seafood and chicken or rabbit is completely addictive. The Valencians get very heated about what can and cannot go into a paella, and would probably snarl at this recipe. However, if you order paella in Madrid, this. Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water.
Seafood and chicken paella step by step
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges. Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more. A wonderful Spanish Paella that's very easy to make and the presentation is great as well. Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper.