Tilapia in coconut milk. Ginataang Tilapia is a dish where Tilapia (a fish belonging to the tilapiine cichlid tribe) is cooked in coconut milk (or cream) and served with banana peppers. This method is popularized by the Bicolanos, the fifth-largest Filipino ethnolinguistic group that lives in the southern islands of Luzon. Scrape off excess oil and set aside.
Canned coconut milk or coconut cream also works well. Fried fish sauteed in aromatics and cooked in coconut milk with spinach. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro or basil if using. You can cook Tilapia in coconut milk using 7 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Tilapia in coconut milk
- Prepare 2 pcs of tilapia (large).
- You need 6 pcs of large mustard leaves.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s of Ginger sliced.
- Prepare of Onion sliced.
- You need to taste of Salt and peper.
- It’s of Long green pepper.
This tilapia dish is a stewed tilapia with coconut milk. Cooking fish in coconut milk is one of the many popular Filipino dishes. Tilapia is also the common fish served because it is the cheapest and there are many kinds of dishes that can be cooked. Preparing this dish is also very easy, you just put.
Tilapia in coconut milk step by step
- Cover tilapia with mustard (rolled). In 1 cup of water, boil Tilapia with mustard, long green pepper, ginger and onion for 5 minutes or until there was very little water left (don’t let it dry).
- Add coconut milk and bring to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Simmer for another 5-8 minutes until sauce becomes slurry..
First, combining the coconut milk, red curry sauce and the other ingredients in this recipe makes a special curry sauce for fish! Let's make another list of why this curried tilapia recipe rocks, shall we? Ginataang Tilapia is another variant of the gata dishes or food cooked in coconut milk — creamy, rich and savory and with a hint of spice from the long chili pepper. Though unusual to other cultures, the fish is not in fillet form while being cooked in coconut milk with bones and all. Try this creamy and spicy, Ginataang Tilapia (Tilapia in coconut milk) recipe.