Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tasso and sauté until crisp.
Be sure to try these Southern-inspired recipes. New Orleans Style Shrimp and Grits. Learn how to make a Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque Recipe! You can cook Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits using 37 easy ingredients and 16 simple steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits
- Prepare of Sprout and Leek Slaw.
- You need 6 of thick-cut bacon slices, diced (about 6 oz.).
- Prepare 1 of large leek, thinly sliced (about 2 cups).
- You need 1 lb of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (about 8 cups).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- You need 3 lbs of 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound).
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- You need 1/4 of pineapple, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying.
- You need of Togarashi Vinaigrette.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 of thumbs ginger, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grapeseed oil.
- You need of Grits.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn grits.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper,.
How do you make Cajun Shrimp and Grits? First, in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. cook chopped bacon to desired crispiness. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until desired crispness. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits step by step
- For the grits:.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits, Cajun and garlic seasonings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the Sprouts Leek Slaw:.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet; transfer 2 tablespoons of the drippings to a small bowl. Dice bacon, and set aside..
- Add leeks to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Combine leeks and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl..
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk to combine. Add to Brussels sprouts and leeks; toss to coat. Stir in chopped pecans, chives, and diced bacon..
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard..
- Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil..
- Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- For the shrimp:.
- In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together..
- Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture..
- Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in colour..
- Plate with grits in the center, surround the grits with the leek slaw, place several slices of pineapple in center, top with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!.
This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). We went with bell peppers, onions, and corn, but any stir-fry vegetable would work here. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. I love to squeeze fresh lime juice over the top just before serving or serve with lime wedges and of course that amazing sauce. Cajun Shrimp Tacos. with creamy corn slaw.