Coconut Seafood Broth. This Seafood Broth releases aromatic flavours of spice, citrus and a hint of the Indian Ocean. With the spicy chilli heat and the mellow coconut milk it's a creamy yet light broth packed full of flavour. Hemant Oberoi uses seafood from India's West Coast for this bouillabaisse-like rassa.
This recipe uses a lot of ingredients common in Thai cooking to make a delicious and spicy soup featuring shrimp and shiitake mushrooms in a coconut milk flavored broth. Juice and rind of two to three limes. Add the coconut milk, lime juice. This Tasty Coconut Seafood Broth using 17 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Seafood Broth
- Prepare 1 of Egg noodles/ spaghetti – 150gms.
- It’s 1 of Seafood Cocktail(mixture of shell fish and soft fish) – 250gms – use any kind of fish.
- You need 1 of Asparagus – 4nos.
- You need 400 ml of Coconut milk -.
- You need 1 of Red curry paste – 1 1/2 tbsp..
- Prepare 1 of Spring onions – 1 bunch.
- It’s 1 of Red peppers – 1 nos (finely sliced).
- You need 300 ml of Chicken Stock -.
- It’s 1 of Fish Sauce – 4-6 tbsp..
- It’s 1 of Soy sauce – 3-5 tbsp..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil -.
- You need 1 of Fresh herbs – I used tarragon and coriander (can use any of your choice).
- It’s 1 of Sugar :1-2 tbsp as per taste..
- Prepare 1 small of onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Kafir lime leaves or zest of a lime – 1/2tsp..
- You need 2 of -3 inch of fresh ginger or galangal.
- Prepare 1 of Salt – as per taste..
The classic, highly aromatic Thai seasoning for seafood includes lemongrass, galangal, lime leaf, hot pepper and coconut milk. Spicy and refreshing, the bright-tasting broth is a mix of sweet, salty. For the seafood: Rinse the seafood and peel or chop as necessary. If you like the flavor of fish sauce, substitute that for the soy sauce.
Coconut Seafood Broth instructions
- Take a thick bottomed pan and add oil and let it heat..
- Add the onions, ginger and red curry paste and sauté it for 5 minutes or onions have become translucent..
- Now add the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt and the herbs(save a little for garnishing)..
- Allow this mixture to boil for about 4-5 minutes..
- Now add the chicken stock (can use any stock or just plain water)..
- Add the noodles or spaghetti and allow them to cook according to packet instructions in the broth( this allows the noodles to absorb in all the taste of the broth)..
- Add the spring onions and asparagus and allow to cook.(Can also use mushrooms).
- After the noodles have cooked about 75% add the sae food cocktail and allow it cook in the mixture for about 10-15 minutes..
- Take of the heat and garnish with the remaining herbs and serve hot..
Delicious noodle and seafood served in rich coconut milk broth is one of the city of Palembang's The city of Palembang is located in South of Sumatra island and known for its seafood dishes like. How to make seafood stock or broth, with fennel, mushrooms and white wine. Seafood stock, usually crab stock for me, is a mainstay in my kitchen during Dungeness crab season, which in. How to Make a Thai Coconut Green Curry Seafood Soup. And this recipe is ripe for variation!