Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung).
This Tasty Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung) using 15 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung)
- It’s 165 g of fresh king prawns.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2-3 clove of garlic (peeled and finely chopped).
- It’s 1 handful of green bean (chopped).
- It’s 3-4 of Thai bird eyes chilli (finely sliced).
- Prepare 1 of couple handful of holy basil or Thai basil.
- You need of Ground white pepper.
- It’s of Cucumber to serve with the dish.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice.
- Prepare 2 of duck eggs (can use chicken eggs) but duck egg will give a lovely orange yolk.
- Prepare of (You can deep fry basil for garnish too).
Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung) instructions
- Heat large wok over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add garlic, chilli and stir fry until garlic start turn to golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add prawns in and continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan. Add green beans then add soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute. Add sugar and stir well..
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds and add some ground pepper in. You can ad a little bit of water if the sauce become a little bit dry. Turn the heat off..
- On a small highheat pan, add 1 tbsp vegetable cooking oil, add egg one at the time. Leave it until corner of white egg become crispy but yolk still runny. Take it out and cook another one..
- Fried a handful of basil in hot oil for 5-6 min.
- Serve with rice and cucumber 🥒.