Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns.
This Tasty Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns using 14 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns
- You need 200 g of rice noodles.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1-2 of eggs (optional).
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare Half of pack of beans sprouts.
- You need 200 g of king prawns.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of Crushed peanut (optition).
- Prepare 1 of lime/lemon.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Padthai sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of fishsauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soysauce.
Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns instructions
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. Leave it for about 10 min so they start to soften. I use this brand (pic below) of rice noodles as I found its soften quickly and it’s already portion for you..
- Mix the Padthai sauce base together in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolve and sauce become a little thicker..
- On a big pan or wok, medium heat, add cooking oil in, garlic and stir well.
- Add your meat (in this recipe I use prawns) into the wok. Cook for 1 or 2 minute until the meat cooked through. Remove them to a plate. Leave it aside.
- Add noodle into the same pan along with Padthai sauce, put 1-2 crushed peanut in, add some fish sauce or sugar or tamarind if needed and taste. Padthai should taste sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Stir well for about 10-15 min or until noodles cooked through..
- Move your noodles on one side of the wok, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add some eggs in. Leave eggs to cook through for a few minutes before mix through with the noodles..
- Add prawns (or hard tofu) back in the pan. Stir well, then add half of bean sprouts and crushed peanut if you prefer..
- Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch..