Thai Stir Fry Basil with Beef (Pad Bai Hōraphā). Thai basil beef (aka pad graw prow). The dish I order almost every time I set foot in a Thai restaurant, and one of my favorite things to cook at home. Toss the beef back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar.
However the real difference between a good/authentic stir-fry and a mediocre one lies in the I also added bell pepper (which is not a common ingredient in real Thai cooking) to my Paleo Thai Basil Beef Stir-Fry. Authentic tasting Thai Basil Beef recipe is made with ground beef and a homemade thai basil sauce that's easy to customize to your preferred spice level. The king of street food in Thailand is called Phat kaphroa, and it's made with your choice of meet (pork, chicken, beef, or seafood), stir fried with. This Appetizing Thai Stir Fry Basil with Beef (Pad Bai Hōraphā) using 13 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Thai Stir Fry Basil with Beef (Pad Bai Hōraphā)
- You need 400 g of Beef or Chicken (grounded, minced or diced).
- You need 100 g of Basil Leaves.
- Prepare of [Marinade].
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- You need of [Paste] – blend or pounded.
- Prepare 10-20 g of Bird's Eye Chilli.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- It’s 40 g of Shallots.
- You need of [Sauce].
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need of Optional, 2 tsp Palm Sugar.
Thai Basil: Fresh Thai basil absolutely makes this recipe, so I really recommend tracking some down if you can. It's most often sold at Asian markets, and packs the most Stir-Fry Sauce: A quick and easy combination of low-sodium soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and garlic chili sauce. Pad Ka Prao or Ground meat stir with basil is one of the foods that I used to get at restaurants in Thailand. It's a basic kind of menu like ordering pizza in America.
Thai Stir Fry Basil with Beef (Pad Bai Hōraphā) instructions
- MARINADE: marinade the Beef with Fish Sauce for 30 minutes or more..
- STIR FRY: heat 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Fry the Paste until the oil separates. Then add the Beef and mix well. When the Beef has turned color, add the Sauces and mix well. Then turn off the heat..
- BASIL: add the Basil and mix well. The Basil will wilt from the residual heat. Serve with Cooked Rice and Fried Egg..
I love to get it over rice served along with a Thai style fried egg. If you love the smell of basil, I guarantee you will love this. It is very fragrant herb and a must for Thai cuisine. It is worth the trip to a specialty Asian grocery store to get this gorgeous herb if you Throw in beef and quickly fry until they are just no longer in pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.