Mike's Chicken Pad Thai. Chicken Pad Thai – Isn't it about time we stopped relying on take out to get Pad Thai and making it at home instead? The ingredients in this easy Pad Thai recipe include tender noodles, bean sprouts and a delicious homemade sauce served with peanuts and lime! Who needs take out when you can make your own.
The key to perfect Pad Thai is in the cooking (or "not" cooking) of the noodles – learn how to get them chewy-perfect with this recipe. Prepare the noodles, cook the chicken, add veggie and sauce, cook scrambled eggs and stir in noodles. Here is a summary of the cooking process: Tips and Secrets for Making Chicken Pad Thai. This Perfect Mike's Chicken Pad Thai using 26 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's Chicken Pad Thai
- It’s of ● For The Pad Thai Noodle Mixture.
- It’s 12 oz of Rice Noodles Sticks.
- It’s 1 Cup of Shreaded Pre-cooked Chicken.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole].
- It’s 4 of LG Thai Basil Leaves [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 2 of LG Eggs [scrambled].
- It’s 3 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fine Minced Chives.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil [devided].
- Prepare as needed of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of ● For The Pad Thai Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tamarind Juice [or 2 tbsp Sweet Chinese Rice Wine Vinegar].
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Chili Sauce [like sriracha].
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Fresh Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar [more if you'd like it sweeter].
- You need 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Water.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- It’s as needed of Crushed Peanuts.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Lime Wedges.
- You need as needed of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare as needed of Soy Sauce.
Chicken Pad Thai is very easy to make at home and a crowd pleaser. Stir fry the garlic and chicken, tofu and rice sticks. Scroll down for the detailed recipe. Mike – many people don't have tamarind so I substitute it with vinegar which is more accessible.
Mike's Chicken Pad Thai step by step
- Bring water to a simmer and add noodles. Turn off heat and cover. Let noodles sit for 7 minutes..
- While waiting for boil, add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and add 2 whisked eggs to heated pan. Fry egg until scrambled and remove contents from pan..
- Add 2 additional tablespoons garlic olive oil, precooked chicken and Pad Thai sauce. Fry just until heated..
- At 7 minutes, drain your noodles and rinse quickly under cold water..
- Add drained noodles to your shreaded chicken and Pad sauce. Stir gently but well. Fry for 3 more minutes..
- Add fresh Thai Basil, Cilantro, Chives and Bean Sprouts to pan and fry just until heated. Mix well by lifting and seperating noodles with chopsticks. Also, add Soy Sauce to taste..
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh Thai Basil, Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Peanuts and Sesame Seeds. Enjoy!.
In Thailand, even some street vendors use vinegar. Chicken pad thai made with an authentic tamarind sauce and tons of veggies! Quick, easy and so much better than take out. I have tried a couple recipes for chicken pad thai since my visit to Thailand and I haven't found one that worked for me until now. Easy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe – This simplified Thai pasta dish has all the flavor and appeal of authentic Pad Thai, without unnecessary steps or ingredients.