Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow). Thai basil beef (aka pad graw prow). The dish I order almost every time I set foot in a Thai restaurant, and one of my favorite things to cook at home. But Thai Basil or, as I mentioned, regular Italian basil, can also work for this dish.
This basil beef comes together in minutes! Although I'm not Thai, there are many Chinese immigrants and descendants living in Thailand. Many Chinese-influenced Thai stir-fry dishes, like. You can cook Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow) using 11 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow)
- Prepare 300 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 2-3 of small chili (thai chili or cabe rawit, chopped, u can always add more if u like it more spicy.
- It’s 1 of big chili, remove the seeds, thinly chopped.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh thai basil (atau daun kemangi in indonesia).
Chef John's version of this classic Thai dish, made with freshly chopped chicken thighs and fresh basil, has a rich sauce that cooks down into a caramelized glaze. Odkryj Thai Basil Beef Pad Gra Prow stockowych obrazów w HD i miliony innych beztantiemowych zdjęć stockowych, ilustracji i wektorów w kolekcji Shutterstock. THAI BASIL BEEF (PAD GRA PROW) with egg. Pad Gaprao (Pad Kra Pao) ผัดกะเพรา Chicken Stir-Fry with Holy Basil.
Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow) step by step
- Mix the soy sauce, fish sauce, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar into a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Heat the oil in a pan or a wok with high heat. Add chopped garlic and thai chili, the stir until it become fragrant. Add chopped onion and stir until it slightly caramellized..
- Add in the ground beef. Seasoned it with salt and pepper then stir it until it cooked through..
- Then add the wet ingredients and continue to stir for 2-3minutes or until the juice that comes from meat is reduced. Then add the thinly sliced big chili and continue to stir it..
- Fold in the basil and let it cook and wilt. Last but not least, TASTE your food.. If it lacks of seasoning, u can always add the sauce or salt and pepper to your taste. If its over seasoning, u can add a little water and cook it until the water reduced..
- Serve it with steamed rice and sunny side up egg (in thai this is how they usually serve it)..
Although this recipe is most popular with chicken, you can make it with just about every kind of protein imaginable. Pork, beef, seafood, or even vegetarian version made with tofu and/or mushrooms. Thai Basil Beef, or Pad Graw Prow, is an easy, delicious dish of stir-fried beef and thai basil. This Crispy Orange Beef is super easy to make and way better than take-out! Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this Thai beef stir-fry, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor.