Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung). A simple hommade village fried rice ( Nasi goreng kampung) making tips and easy recipe. Village style fried rice otherwise known as Nasi Goreng Kampung is a Malay styled fried rice. Just be sure the rice is thoroughly cooled.
It's a simple fried rice with Malaysian traditional taste that surely has a special place in any Malaysians' hearts. Watch how to make spicy anchovy fried rice in the video below Did I make you hungry yet? Thumbs up to this video and give it a try! You can cook Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 13 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- You need 300 gr of white rice.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten, then fried and scrambled.
- Prepare 4 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of candlenut, shaved/puree.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried shrimp paste, toasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need of SPRINKLED GARNISH:.
- Prepare 10 gr of anchovies, fried.
- It’s 5 of cayenne peppers (to taste), thinly sliced.
My first try of frying the nasi goreng and I keep it very simple. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. An authentic nasi goreng recipe (fried rice in Indonesian) should at the minimum include key ingredients like kecap manis, belacan or terasi Nasi goreng kampung or countryside nasi goreng (fried with anchovies and leftover fried fish) is one of the most popular. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg.
Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) step by step
- Saute garlic, shallots and candlenut until fragrant. Add white rice and egg, stir briefly..
- Add pepper powder, dried shrimp paste and sweet soy sauce. Stir so that all ingredients are well blended..
- Serve fried rice with a sprinkling of fried anchovies and sliced cayenne pepper..
I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I'm betting you will love it. It'll get finer. – Recipe Main Dish : Nasi goreng kampung Immediately push the rice onto the eggs and toss the rice, making sure the eggs at the bottom are all brought up and broken up. Nasi Goreng can be served as a main dish, as a component of a Dutch/Indonesian 'rijstafel' or as a side dish. It is commonly eaten by Indonesians for breakfast, which you can do also if there is any left from the previous day (doubtful!).