Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk). Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. The literal translation of Nasi Goreng is "fried rice" in Indonesian and Malaysian – and that's exactly what it is! As with almost every traditional dish, there are many versions of Nasi.
Nasi goreng, Indonesia's version of fried rice, gets a sweet-savory profile from kecap manis and a big hit of umami from shrimp paste. If you can't find it easily, feel free to substitute another Southeast Asian shrimp paste, or omit it—you'll be making what my mom calls nasi goreng cina, or Chinese. Nasi goreng adalah jenis masakan simpel yang menjadi favorit banyak orang,,selain cara membuatnya mudah dan cepat ,makanan ini bisa dimasak dengan berbagai. This Perfect Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk) using 8 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk)
- Prepare 1 cup of rice (cooked).
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- You need 1 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shrimp paste (cencaluk).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of Few anchovies.
- Prepare of Quarter carrot.
Nasi Goreng can be served as a main dish, as a component of a Dutch/Indonesian 'rijstafel' or as a side dish. It is commonly eaten by Indonesians for breakfast, which you can do also if there is any left from the previous day (doubtful!). Preparation time does not include cooking and cooling the rice. Indonesian Shrimp Fried Rice – also known as Nasi Goreng.
Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk) step by step
- Fry anchovies until crisped. Put aside.
- Minced shallots and garlic. Saute shallots and garlic for a while. Once the aroma comes out, put the shrimp paste and fish sauce. Stir for a while..
- Diced the carrot and put into the wok. Crack the egg and stir vigorously with high heat. Once the egg looks like to set, put the rice in. Mixed all until incorporated. If you like a bit of hot, you can put 1 or 2 small chilli while mixing the rice.
- Taste the fried rice. Put in the fried anchovies. Put the heat away. Done.
Indonesian Shrimp Fried Rice (nasi goreng). To reduce the sodium level in this recipe, I used half the amount of sauce, reduced the amount of soy sauce and fish sauce further, and eliminated the salt. Shrimp paste or prawn sauce is a fermented condiment commonly used in Southeast Asian and Southern Chinese cuisines. Nasi goreng is a traditional Indonesian fried rice recipe prepared with kecap manis, shrimp paste, tamarin, which can also include egg An authentic nasi goreng recipe (fried rice in Indonesian) should at the minimum include key ingredients like kecap manis, belacan or terasi (shrimp paste). Add shrimp paste and quickly stir fry.