Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry. Delicious and easy green curry with chicken in rich coconut curry sauce. Thai green curry is so delicious, specially when served with steaming. Thai Green Curry made quick and easy by pimping up store bought curry paste OR with a homemade green curry paste.
Tastes like Italian basil with a slightly more aniseedy flavour. Lime juice – just a squeeze. When I'm at home and I happen to have gone to the local international market, I'll definitely pick up Thai eggplant which are super small and more flavorful. This Tasty Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry using 13 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry
- You need 250 grams of Chicken (Breast meat or thigh meat).
- It’s 1 of Eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 Bell Peppers (red or yellow).
- Prepare 1 packages of Shimeji, king oyster, or whatever mushroom you like.
- You need 1 small of Boiled bamboo shoots.
- You need 2 tbsp of Green curry paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 300 ml of Coconut Milk + water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ★Salt.
- Prepare 4 of or 5 Basil leaves (optional).
Yet like many of you, I don't always. Green curry is widely considered the most popular of Thai curry recipes. It gets its distinct color and flavor from the green curry paste, which is typically made up Thai Green Curry – A perfect, authentic Thai curry with chicken and vegetables. Thai green curry is the most famous Thai dishes outside Thailand.
Authentic and Easy Thai Green Curry instructions
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, then roughly chop into chunks. Cut the bell peppers into thick strips. Break the shimeji mushrooms into small clumps. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces..
- Put oil in a pot, add green curry paste and stir fry for 1 minute over low heat..
- Add 100 ml of coconut milk and chicken, turn the heat to medium, and stir fry..
- If you are substituting soy milk or milk for the 100 ml of coconut milk, add 1/2 tablespoon each of vegetable oil and sugar..
- When the chicken changes color, add eggplant and bell peppers. If you are going to use bamboo shoots or mushrooms, add now..
- When the vegetables have softened a bit, add the ★ ingredients and the 300 ml of coconut milk + water and boil for 3 – 4 minutes..
- If you are substituting soy milk or milk for the 300 ml of coconut milk + water, add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar..
- Have a taste. It might not be spicy enough depending on the green curry paste you used. If necessary you can add more green curry paste..
- Now add the basil leaves (if you can get it, use basil imported from Thailand), turn off the heat, and it's done.♪ The basil is optional, so it's okay if you don't use it..
- This is also good with prawns or thinly sliced pork. If you use prawns, blanch first..
- When making Thai rice, it's best to reduce the amount of water a little bit..
- This green curry is also good over cooked somen noodles..
This is the authentic Thai chicken curry recipe with the in-depth explanation. As the name implies, this Thai green curry recipe is prepared by using green chili, with a different flavor from the mature red chilies. This is a classic Thai green curry (kaeng kiau wan) that can be easily made at home. This amazing Thai green curry soup recipe is ultra-easy to whip up on a weeknight, and completely customizable with your favorite vegetables Today we're talking about my favorite Thai green curry soup. ♡. Oh my goodness, we've made some version of this recipe more times than I can begin to.