Thai Style Grilled Eggplant Salad. The charred grill flavor of the eggplant combined so well with this bright, refreshing dressing. It was a really yummy Thai-style salad, and a wonderful new way to enjoy Thai eggplant — or any eggplant for that matter! For being away from Thailand for so many years, the boyfriend has pretty discriminating Thai taste buds.
This recipe for Quick Spicy Thai Style Eggplant combines fresh, firm Japanese eggplant with a spicy Thai style sauce to create a delicious hot side or cold salad. Grilling is an age-old tradition in Thailand, with amazing marinade concoctions that make for taste-inspiring meals — and this eggplant is no exception. Meanwhile, place all remaining ingredients in medium bowl. This Tasty Thai Style Grilled Eggplant Salad using 13 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Thai Style Grilled Eggplant Salad
- Prepare 100 grams of Ground chicken.
- It’s 4 of Eggplant.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Dried shrimp.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of Red chili peppers (sliced into rounds).
- You need of Flavoring Ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Fish sauce (nam pla).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Brush eggplant with garlic oil and put on grill. Grill until it is slightly charred. Flip over and grill the other side until charred. When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces.
Thai Style Grilled Eggplant Salad step by step
- Here's the line-up of ingredients..
- Soak the dried shrimp in warm water + 1 tablespoon sake to reconstitute. You'll use the water later..
- Mince the garlic and ginger. Squeeze the lemon..
- Place the eggplants on the grill and brown the skins on high heat..
- Soak in ice cold water. If you soak them for too long, the flavor of the eggplant will disappear, so only soak until the skins can be peeled off..
- Peel the skins off while t still hot..
- Cut the grilled eggplants into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and red chili pepper slices..
- Once fragrant, add the ground chicken..
- Add the reconstituted shrimp, 3 tablespoons of the water, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of fish sauce. Mix well..
- Move everything to a bowl and let it cool. Add the lemon juice and dried basil for flavor..
- Arrange the grilled eggplants on a dish. Pour the remaining combined ingredients on top to finish. Serve with green lettuce leaves, etc..
Put eggplant in a bowl and add shallots, mint and basil leaves. Lightly coat and toss with dressing. Great recipe for Thai Style Grilled Eggplant Salad. I wanted a grilled eggplant dish that was different. You can adjust the amount of chili pepper.