Ikan woku (fish in herbal curry). Fish head curry is immensely popular in Malaysia and Singapore. With South Indian origins, it uses a combination of various spices and ingredients to create its well accepted delectable taste. A classic 'Peranakan' or 'Nyonya' dish, Fish in Spicy Tamarind Curry, although not common but is always a big favourite among many.
However, I held back recreating this dish as I was not able to get the. Fish head curry (Malay: kari kepala ikan, Indonesian: kari kepala ikan or gulai kepala ikan) is a dish in Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisines with mixed Indian and Chinese origins. Add all the other ingredients, and rub the resulting mixture onto the fish, inside and out. You can cook Ikan woku (fish in herbal curry) using 23 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ikan woku (fish in herbal curry)
- It’s 1 of red snappers (about 1 kg total), clean and cut to 4-6 pieces.
- Prepare of (I use 6 part of snapper fin meat).
- It’s 1 of lime, extract the juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass, bruised and knotted.
- You need 1 of pandanus leaves (you can find at the Asian grocery).
- You need 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- It’s 3 of green tomato, cut each inti halves.
- Prepare 1 of tomato cut into quarter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt, to taste.
- Prepare of Grind the following into spice paste.
- It’s 100 gram of shallot.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 10 of red cayenne chillies.
- You need 2-10 of red bird's eye chillies (or more if you like more spicy).
- Prepare 2 inch of ginger.
- It’s 1 inch of turmeric.
- Prepare 3 of candlenuts.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 2 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 handful of lemon basil/Thai basil leaves.
The tamarind in our gravy-based Indian fish curry recipe gives it a delicious, tangy flavor that goes well with hot steamed basmati rice. Place the pieces of fish in a large, flat dish and pour the mixture over it to cover. Ikan woku belanga is a popular Menadonese dish from Minahasa descent people in Menado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Ikan means fish in bahasa There are two types of woku, woku daun and woku belanga.
Ikan woku (fish in herbal curry) step by step
- Heat oil in a wok/pan on high heat and sauté spice paste, lemongrass, pandan leaves, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, about 5 minutes..
- Add the fish into the wok/pan, mix well. Add water and bring to a boil. Add grean tomato, tomato, and season with salt. Reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 30 minutes. Adjust the salt as needed..
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, garnish with scallions and lemon basil..
- Enjoy with rice and crackers, happy cooking guys 😍.
Woku daun or leaf woku is similiar to pepes ikan or leaf wrapped spiced fish, while… Belah perut ikan & bersihkan. Lalu balur ikan (termasuk bagian dalamnya) dengan Slit the fish stomach & clean the fish good. Make shallow slashes in the thickest part of the flesh. Rub fish with some salt & lime juice; let it stand. Even after eating ikan bakar, Indonesian grilled fish, dozens of times, I still can't get over how good it is.